Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi so I'm looking to purchase my first Jeep jk later this year and I have a few questions about the touschreen in them. Is the touschreen in the new 2016 reliable? How many of you have them? Is there an option to get the touschreen without the nav? And do I have to have the touschreen in order to use all the Bluetooth features I'm really interested in as well .would it be easier to go with the factory touchscreen or have a aftermarket unit installed that will work with the Bluetooth/uconnect sorry if this has been asked before but I wasn't able to find a definite answer to my questions especially this being my first Jeep I am new to all of this.
Thanks

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
The "touch screen" is the 430. The "touch screen" with Nav is the 430N. Both are not available on all models.

To add Bluetooth to either (or the 130S too), you need to order the Connectivity Package.

·
Registered
124 Posts
You do not need the touch screen to use the blue tooth features, all that can be controlled by your steering wheel. I have the 430N and have had zero issues with it at this point. I haven't stress tested it on purpose or by accident with rain, dirt, ect ect but so far so good.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
The 430 and 430N radios have been installed in Chrysler vehicles since about 2005. They've had a long run. Over the years, there have been issues with the touchscreens failing, hard drives failing, software issues, etc. That being said, they are fairly reliable and the vast majority have no issues, lasting for years.

Bluetooth connectivity for the 430 series is handled by an external UConnect module. You will need to order the Connectivity Package to get that.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Before you buy, I would check to see how much they are charging you for the 430rbz radio. You can get them cheaper from ebay and places such as here (OEM Auto Parts Co.) and the installation is super quick. If they are trying to charge you an arm and a leg, just make sure you get the connectivity package and the 130 radio and you can upgrade to the 430rbz radio on your own.

Here's a thread about the upgrade:
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/i-upgraded-130-to-430-rbz-and-im-not-looking-back-209198.html

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I would get the 130 radio and the blue tooth package in order to get the mic and buttons in your steering wheel. Then, with the money you save head over to Best buy or a custom sound shop and get something better. I have the 430N. Its decent at navigation, but the stereo is weak, there is not one touch siri and its just not worth the money when car play is available in the market place. I dropped so much coin on it I can't see myself upgrading it so I'm stuck with it. I am very happy with the rest of the options on my loaded JKUR.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts