Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone advise me as to the specific location to bolt on a tow bar bracket on a 2014 Wrangle front bumper or if it can be done without an additional "base plate":confused:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Not sure if this is what you mean, I assume you're looking to tow your Jeep behind something? Like an RV? I have a Blue Ox tow bar on my 2014. It's made for the Wrangler and bolts to the frame. I read a post on here not long ago about a bumper manufacturer that will weld towing connections direct to the bumper for you.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I don't believe there is any way to "bolt on" a tow bar mounting bracket to a stock bumper. I've seen the pictured brackets bolted to the stock frame ends effectively, but the stock bumper must be removed, and you loose your tow hooks (if equipped).

As mentioned, there are alternatives using an aftermarket bumper. I'm using a Metalcloak bumper's D-ring mounts to tow our '13 JKU. Hanson will weld attachment tabs to their bumpers per your request.

Here is an article I recently wrote about flat towing a vehicle that may help...

Towing A Vehicle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts