Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I ordered my new Jeep but it isn't in yet. Didn't think to check to see if it has tow points on it already from the factory. Working on hooking up with a few Jeep clubs in our area and all require tow points. SO - I need to know - when my Jeep gets here will it already have front and rear tow points or do I need to get some on order at Quadratec ASAP?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Your dealer can tell you. Most come equipt with two front hooks and one rear hook. There are many options out there if yours has neither or either.

·
Registered
364 Posts
If you ordered the tow package, you'll have a hitch in the back in place of the tow hook. Your hitch will be your rear tow point.

--Sean

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@rd: thanks! I'm do excited!! Guessing you have one?? Wanting to get out on the trail soon but hubby keeps laughing at the thought of me getting my brand new process dirty! :)
@Sean: I got the tow package-will the trailer hitch on back have a hookup point itself or do I need to get a hook that fits into the receiver?
Thanks so much for the help and info!!

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
PrincessNthePea said:
@rd: thanks! I'm do excited!! Guessing you have one?? Wanting to get out on the trail soon but hubby keeps laughing at the thought of me getting my brand new process dirty! :)
@Sean: I got the tow package-will the trailer hitch on back have a hookup point itself or do I need to get a hook that fits into the receiver?
You just leave the pin through the receiver. (which holds the hitch in place) If needed, just put the strap in and secure with the pin through it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Makes perfect sense! Thanks!

Another ? - all the trail rides require the battery to be "properly tied down" what's that entail and why wouldn't it be???

·
Registered
364 Posts
Here is how you use a tow strap with a hitch (like desertgoose said above).

--Sean

·
Registered
82 Posts
I sure do have one. 2012 JKU Saraha. I absolutely love it. Also, FYI My 2012 has the tow package AND a rear tow hook. So I think you should find three tow hooks on yours as well. I didn't order the two hooks and they came factory installed....:thumb:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Wow, you guys are right! Total brain fart.

I still prefer the hitch as a tow point, though.

--Sean
Hands down a better way to tow! I always wondered why the tow point is off to the side! Its almost common sense to tow from the middle, right? I never thought of putting a strap in the reciever with a pin through it! Brilliant!:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Hands down a better way to tow! I always wondered why the tow point is off to the side! Its almost common sense to tow from the middle, right? I never thought of putting a strap in the reciever with a pin through it! Brilliant!:popcorn:
Never thought about just using the pin either. :facepalm:

I put on a hitch with a d ring. Have fun off road. It is SO much fun! :thumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts