Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Any recommendations for tow straps for jeepin on the beach? It's required in order for me to get a beach/dune permit along with a few other things. As this is my first Wrangler i've never done this type of driving before. Appreciate your recommendations. Thx!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Ditto with DRB. DON'T get the tow straps with any type of metal hooks. If they bust, those hooks can cause catastrophic endings.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I would get a recovery strap (snatch strap) and not a tow strap. Recovery straps are for pulling out stuck vehicles.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are less expensive options. Smittybilt has a good one in the low $30's.
Thanks. Wasn't sure if 30k lbs. was too strong. I remember reading somewhere that too strong a strap wouldn't give enough. Still learning about all this so I might be wrong or remembering incorrectly.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Ditto with DRB. DON'T get the tow straps with any type of metal hooks. If they bust, those hooks can cause catastrophic endings.
These straps have a place, they can be used to pull out a car with out a tow hook.
You can slide the hooks in recesses on both side of the frame and pull it out that way

1 - 8 of 8 Posts