Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hitch Mounted Motorcycle Carrier - 400Lb. Capacity

has anyone tried this? The bike I need to move is about 400 lbs. Its a Moto Guzzi, not sure if it would fit in the rack anyway. My trailer is way too big, it' 6 1/2 x 10. The Willys gets sucky gas milage anyway.
Anyone have any bright ideas? Dont really want to buy another trailer.
Going to pick up bike in L A, then back to Texas.
Thanks.

ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
Hitch Mounted Motorcycle Carrier - 400Lb. Capacity

has anyone tried this? The bike I need to move is about 400 lbs. Its a Moto Guzzi, not sure if it would fit in the rack anyway. My trailer is way too big, it' 6 1/2 x 10. The Willys gets sucky gas milage anyway.
Anyone have any bright ideas? Dont really want to buy another trailer.
Going to pick up bike in L A, then back to Texas.
Thanks.
I've seen that the max tongue weight for a 2 door is 200lbs. I think it's listed in your owners manual. I don't know how the Jeep would handle with 400+lbs or tongue weight, but it's something to consider. Good Luck!

-Ryan

Registered
You could but without airbags inside your rear coils or heavy duty rate rear springs it's going to wander all over the highway and your lights will be pointed 6 feet off the ground.

Registered
FYI

Uhaul won't rent a trailer if you intend to pull it behind a soft top. Don't know why, but the won't.

Hard top - no problem

Registered
FYI Uhaul won't rent a trailer if you intend to pull it behind a soft top. Don't know why, but the won't. Hard top - no problem
Correct I just rented one a month ago and as soon as she asked what vehicle I had, she then followed up with, "I hope you don't have a softtop on do you?"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts