Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, i don't quite own a wrangler yet. to be honest im not much of an SUV guy. In fact, i drive a MINI Cooper S. Kind of the opposite of an SUV. Then what am I doing here you ask? I wanted to know what kind of towing capacity any given wrangler has. In the future im gonna need something to tow a track car to and from events. Im gonna guess im gonna be towing between 3500 and 4500 pounds. Is a wrangler gonna cut it? I really like wranglers, and i really dont like anything else out there that can tow. thanks

Marco

·
Registered
529 Posts
In my opinion, I don't think that a Wrangler is suited to tow that kind of load on a regular basis. You could get away with it with a 6 cyl and a manual trans. but I wouldn't recomend it for any kind of distance haul, and stopping would be sketchy at best. Not to mention the tongue wait would probaly be excessive. I am a truck guy, and I would suggest a tow vehicle with more weight, bigger breaks, and preferably a V8, and if you plan on long trips or trips through hilly terrain, look for things like heavy duty radiator, trans. cooler etc.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Yeah, don't do it. On a regular basis you are only going to want to pull about 2500lbs with a Wrangler. If you are doing more than that, you'll just wind up killing it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts