Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at purchasing a 7x12 enclosed trailer for my move to florida and for later use hauling my motorcycle to track events. I have an Unlimited with 3.71 Gears and the tow package so I should be good with the weight. I'm just curious about visibility out of the side mirrors and best options for towing mirrors. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. May consider a 6x12 so the trailer isnt as wide but that foot of space could be handy in the move. Thanks!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm looking at purchasing a 7x12 enclosed trailer for my move to florida and for later use hauling my motorcycle to track events. I have an Unlimited with 3.71 Gears and the tow package so I should be good with the weight. I'm just curious about visibility out of the side mirrors and best options for towing mirrors. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. May consider a 6x12 so the trailer isnt as wide but that foot of space could be handy in the move. Thanks!
I have a 6x12 and don't need extra mirrors. I think you would be fine even with a 7x12, since that would only be 6" wider on each side.

You'll probably need a 5" drop ball mount for your receiver. I have a 3.5 and I need to get a 5 or even 5.5" one because the trailer sits too high in the front. I have a stock JKU Rubicon, so it might sit a little higher than yours if it is not a Rubicon.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I had a 7x16 when I bought the jeep and pulled it a few times while getting it ready to sell.

Stock mirrors worked with the 7x16 but not great. Wouldn't want to pull it that way a lot.

Bought a 6x12 and it is the perfect size behind the jeep. Can see with stock mirrors good and also fits with the jeep better.

7x16

6x12

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow this had made things easier for me to decided. Thanks a lot for the help. I have a stock Jk Unlimited not sure about the stock ride height differences. I don't think the extra foot would make a huge difference with my track bike but for the move it would be nice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts