Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering, has anyone ever towed with their TJ. I'm planning on moving and was thinking about pulling a 5' x 8' uhaul trailer down most flat, mostly straight highway road.

I drive a 97' sport, 4.0, 5 spd manual, 4" suspension lift, 4.88 gears, 33" tires.

Is this doable? Any advice on doing it? I've pulled as big and bigger in a truck, but never pulled anything in my Jeep.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They probably won't rent a u haul anything to you if you have a soft top. That said a small trailer or enclosed should be fine just remember it's back there.
Is there any reason why they don't rent if you have a soft top? That doesn't make sense to me.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Their reasoning......if the trailer flips the jeep, the soft top offers you no protection! Hard top offers better protection.....

Their words, not mine....

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Their reasoning......if the trailer flips the jeep, the soft top offers you no protection! Hard top offers better protection.....

Their words, not mine....
I was wondering this too from another thread haha thats so crazy. I think they need a jeep guy on their team to help them out a little ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts