Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be a dumb question but here goes. Does the tereaflex spring swap leveling kit affect towing characteristics? I pull my camper with my jku and don't want to hurt it's capabilities but I really want to add the kit for a little lift and level. Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
334 Posts
You will experience a small increase in body roll in the corners with this kit. Adding a rear track bar bracket (axle side) will help with the body roll.

If your camper is within tow specs for the JKU, then I wouldn't worry about it too much. I had the kit on my 2012 JKUR for 42k miles and I was quite happy with it. The additional body roll was not enough to bother my wife when she drove it, and she's quite a worry wart about driveability.

Edit: make sure you adjust your headlights down after the level kit is installed. People will be flashing you with their brights if you don't.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
I put airlift 1000 springs in the rear and no roll while towing with a leveling kit. I have the compressor as well and it allowed me to level the jeep with the trailer attached.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts