Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a year and a half ago I replaced my well worn Toyo MTs (37x13.50-17) with a new set of Toyo RT (37x12.50-17).

Initially I was quite happy with them but not so much now.

Both on and off road they are fine in dry conditions. Road noise isn't bad and they are wearing nicely with regular rotations. Put them on wet surfaces and they show thier weakness. On road, under normal acceleration they will break loose. On of my coworkers has then on both his and his wife's Jeep and he said he has the same problem. Put them on wet rocks and they seem to grip less than just about every other tire out there. I've had some chunking issues too but just about any tire that sees rocks.will. I grooved these to try to improve wet traction and it did help a bit. I'm sure siping would help more but don't want them to chunk even more for me so I haven't done that.

Hope this helps for anyone looking at these tire's.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey man if your looking for a good tire for absolutely anything try the nitto ridge grapplers. I have a set on my jeep and i couldnt be happier. They are like a cross between the mickey thompson bajas and the duratrac tires. They go through anything i havnt had a problem yet

1 - 2 of 2 Posts