Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been searching the web and cannot find a clear answer. Is there and IOS or Andriod app that will definitely read the OEM TPMS data in real time? Thanks! Looking to see this data in a towed JK behind and RV and would prefer not to put valve stem sensors on it.

·
Retired Moderator
100,754 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,884 Posts

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Been searching the web and cannot find a clear answer. Is there and IOS or Andriod app that will definitely read the OEM TPMS data in real time? Thanks! Looking to see this data in a towed JK behind and RV and would prefer not to put valve stem sensors on it.
Android apps can only display info given to them by the jeep's computer so you would have to leave the ignition on in the towed jeep. If you are willing to do that then you can try torque pro through bluetooth. You have to custom make your own pids though. You may have a distance issue with the bluetooth though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all! I am going to give the Smart TPMS app a try and failing that, Torque Pro. Will report back in the next week or so.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
What year Jeep? My ‘12 has TPMS, but only as an idiot light- I don’t think I get real time values.

I think it’s ’13 and up that will actually display on the EVIC real time values, for which Torque or OBD Fusion or the like can provide data.

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
I have torque pro running on an android head unit. The tire pressures are display through the center of the display. You do have to write the custom pids for them though (my right front is 0.0 because the sensor for that tire is broken)

20210514_195341.jpg

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I have torque pro running on an android head unit. The tire pressures are display through the center of the display. You do have to write the custom pids for them though (my right front is 0.0 because the sensor for that tire is broken)

View attachment 4507461
Was it you that tried to walk me through writing the PID? Or was it a different PID and someone else?

Either way, do you think I can write one to be used in OBD Fusion for a ‘12? I think it was ‘13 and up where tire pressures were available in the EVIC, but I’ve never confirmed that you can get actual values for the ‘12 system.

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Was it you that tried to walk me through writing the PID? Or was it a different PID and someone else?

Either way, do you think I can write one to be used in OBD Fusion for a ‘12? I think it was ‘13 and up where tire pressures were available in the EVIC, but I’ve never confirmed that you can get actual values for the ‘12 system.
I don't know anything about fusion, but if the pids work the same way as torque then it shouldn't be an issue.

Next time I go out the jeep later today, I'll snap a pic of the custom pressure pid. Mine is a 2017 so I don't know if it works for a 2012 but I'll get a pic and you can try.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I don't know anything about fusion, but if the pids work the same way as torque then it shouldn't be an issue.

Next time I go out the jeep later today, I'll snap a pic of the custom pressure pid. Mine is a 2017 so I don't know if it works for a 2012 but I'll get a pic and you can try.
PID should be vehicle/platform specific, so I don’t think it would be different, but will be cool to see if I can get it.

Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts