Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad just bought a set of 2013 Rubicon wheels and tires for his 2011 Sport S. my question is, will the sensors in the 2013 wheels be compatible with his 2011? It would be great if we can just install the new wheels and tires without having to buy all new sensors or have to swap out the sensors from one set to another. Any help is greatly appreciated :flowers:

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that link panthermark, I'm gonna give it a shot and see if they work or else I'll just pick up a procal and call it a day.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Believe it or not the sensors from the 2013 worked perfectly with my dad's 2011. Hopefully it stays that way, here's how it came out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well I just bought a set of 2012 wheels and tires to put on my 2008..... was hoping for an easy swap. Guess I'll switch the 2008 sensors to the new(er) tires. I'll let you know!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Wow. I have a 2012 with 2013 wheels and it just wont sync. In fact, went to the dealer to compare part numbers and they are different part numbers for 2012/2013. My instrument panel still has the low pressure indicator on. I need to swap them for the ones in my 2012 wheels.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Well I just bought a set of 2012 wheels and tires to put on my 2008..... was hoping for an easy swap. Guess I'll switch the 2008 sensors to the new(er) tires. I'll let you know!
You're going to have to use the 08 sensors. The 12's are a different frequency.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts