Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:dance:I'm about to get some new tires and rims. Can I just run the without the TPMS. Can the dash light be turned off with a program module. Is there a fuse or something that can be pulled.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
U need to buy a procal and program the light to stay off. Very simple. The procal also will readjust the speedo and other things.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
^ x2

A pro cal will allow you to set a threshold for when the TPMS warning lights illuminate. You can set if from 0-anywhere. Zero is essentially off, anywhere else would be where you will run the inflation of your tires.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Like they said, get the Procal and set pressure to -0-. Your only problem will be getting tire dealer to mount tires with no sensors. I brought my five wheels in with my truck and then mounted them myself. I like to do that anyway so torque on lugs will be correct.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I dont think the Procal will turn the light off if you have NO sensors present. It has to read the sensors, THEN sets the threshold to -0-. My 2013 (433 mhz sensors) has the tires/rims off my 2012 (313 mhz sensors) on it. Procal is useless for re-setting the TPMS. The Jeep is not detecting ANY sensor, so it shoots the light, regardless of where I have the setpoint.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I dont think the Procal will turn the light off if you have NO sensors present. It has to read the sensors, THEN sets the threshold to -0-. My 2013 (433 mhz sensors) has the tires/rims off my 2012 (313 mhz sensors) on it. Procal is useless for re-setting the TPMS. The Jeep is not detecting ANY sensor, so it shoots the light, regardless of where I have the setpoint.
I have no sensors in my 2012 and wheels from 2012 on 2013. Both set to zero with Procal and no light or buzzing. I don't know about the optional 4 wheel sensors system, but for the normal one light system, it works

·
Registered
33 Posts
You can buy a tube of PVC pipe put them in there drill a hole for a rubber valve stem and fill it to the tire pressure and just keep it somewhere in your jeep look up the trick tells you how

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
when you remove the TPMS (good idea by the way) with the tire pressure value set at 0 psi, the light goes out... :whistling:

one piece of advice. check your tire pressure on occasion. :thumb:

·
Registered
655 Posts
Just read a posting by the manufacturer. The Procal in it's current form will not work with the new optional 4 wheel pressure system. They are currently modifying the software to get that covered. Also says they will re-flash current ones to make them compatible when they get the modification done.

·
Registered
176 Posts
My two cents, I wouldn't turn it off. I got aftermarket tires from discount tire and paid the extra like $40 to install the sensors. I have the procal module which I used to set it to 28 psi. That said, it reminds me to re-inflate the tires before I get on the road home. Could save you a major headache. Just saying.

·
Registered
655 Posts
My two cents, I wouldn't turn it off. I got aftermarket tires from discount tire and paid the extra like $40 to install the sensors. I have the procal module which I used to set it to 28 psi. That said, it reminds me to re-inflate the tires before I get on the road home. Could save you a major headache. Just saying.
Drove for 40 years without sensors! By the way, dolphins will win AFL east!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hey, quick question ... maybe. I set my Superchips FlashCal to 22psi. Does this mean that 22psi is the point at which the TPMS will trigger the alert or ... Okay, what the hell does it mean? The Superchips website/manual is useless.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
When I swapped to my summer tires (that are wrapped in AEV savegre which don't have sensors) I also had my spare wheel (which has a sensor) replaced with the AEV one thus removing all sensors (5 in total) from the jeep. The result was: no light on the dash, no annoying chime.

Maybe all sensors should be far far from the jeep for things to work as we want them to.

PS: my jeep is a rubicon 2013 so maybe that trick works for that year, maybe I got lucky or maybe I broke it! But anywho, someone should try to remove all sensors and put them far far away to see what happens.
:)
Edit: No procal or any other gizmo like that was used

·
Registered
200 Posts
i have no sensors in my 2012 and wheels from 2012 on 2013. Both set to zero with procal and no light or buzzing. I don't know about the optional 4 wheel sensors system, but for the normal one light system, it works
+1

1 - 19 of 19 Posts