Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been shopping for wheels and tires for my 13' and I was just wondering about the tire pressure monitor system. Seems that some just turn off the warning with a Pro-Cal.

Does anyone actually order the tires/wheels with the new sensors installed?

Its ~$180 for new sensors when getting them installed and delivered. Any serious concerns with running with the TPMS turned off? I have never had it on a car before and it seems to be common sense to check your tires.

·
Registered
485 Posts
When I get new wheels and tires I may switch the existing ones to the new wheels. But I'm thinking I'll just leave them out and set the value to zero with my Procal. Either way I'm not buying a new set.

If you do keep them you will have to reset the system anyway if you want to air down. I reduced my warning to 22 lbs and that wasn't low enough. Probably drop it to about 10 next. By the time a tire gets to 10 PSI on the road I'm sure I'd notice it anyway.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
^i drove home for about 15 miles on the freeway with a punctured front passenger tire. yes the steering wheel was leaning towards the right, but there was no sound coming from the tire (toyo at2). once i got home i checked my suspension and to my surprise it was the tire all along. it was running less than 10psi. the next day i couldn't get a reading in the am.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts