Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the combo from DTD in December. Had the tires set at 28 psi and the TPMS sensors set at 24 psi. I did a chalk test and aired down my tires to 26 psi. On two occasions, once today, the TPMS dinged when starting with the indicator flashing to start and then staying on. Then, after a couple of minutes, it turned off (no more indicator light). The last time this happened was a few months ago. Any idea what's up?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Maybe the tire lost some air pressure due to temperature change and got below the TPMS setting

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe the tire lost some air pressure due to temperature change and got below the TPMS setting
Why would the light be off after a few minutes though? I will check the pressure in the am but last time this happened the psi were all 26.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you were driving for a few minutes the tires could warm up and the pressure could increase by a psi or two shutting the light off.

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
A flashing light indicates a malfunction in one or more sensors. It is stated as such in your owners manual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts