Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the stock rims off of the 09 Rubicon last fall to run snow tires on a second set of rims. Tire light would come on after a few miles, which was I expected seeing as how the other rims didn't have sensors. Got new tires on the OEM rims and put them on last Saturday and the tire light comes on almost immediately. So I am thinking that I have a bad sensor and start looking at a AEV Procal. Reasoning being that it will probably cost as much to fix as the Procal. Then on the way home from work last night the light goes out and all seems to be well. Any ideas why it took two days for the light to out?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Took the stock rims off of the 09 Rubicon last fall to run snow tires on a second set of rims. Tire light would come on after a few miles, which was I expected seeing as how the other rims didn't have sensors. Got new tires on the OEM rims and put them on last Saturday and the tire light comes on almost immediately. So I am thinking that I have a bad sensor and start looking at a AEV Procal. Reasoning being that it will probably cost as much to fix as the Procal. Then on the way home from work last night the light goes out and all seems to be well. Any ideas why it took two days for the light to out?

When changing tires or doing a rotation It can take awhile for the tpms to recognize the positioning. Mine took 2 days on the last rotation. Its normal.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Some synch pretty quick and others can take driving 15-20 miles or minutes and/or 2-3 on/off cycles. If it doesn't synch after a few days with some driving in between it probably won't.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
read somewhere else that if all else fails, try disconnecting the battery for 10-15 minutes, then reconnecting. This might cause a sensor location reset?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts