Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ey guys a quick question! I have bought some aev wheels for my 2014 rubi and just want to ask you what is the part number for the new tpms sensors! I found this one 56029398AB but my question is: are they good for the monitoring tire by tire of my rubi?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
269 Posts
Just remove the OE ones and get new valve stems. its one screw and a stem. pretty easy and will save you $60 per assembly

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The wheels of my rubi will go in my wife wrangler sport so she will need the tpms! That's why i want to buy new ones!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tpms of the sport model and rubi ones are the same!?

·
I Need A Cigarette
514 Posts
unless her sport is a 14 they wont work just fyi

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes she have a 2014 sport!

·
I Need A Cigarette
514 Posts

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
A better plan is to leave them out and turn off the dash warning with an AEV Procal. Did you get new tires as well? Did you go larger? If so you will need the Procal to program your speedometer and odometer anyway.

·
I Need A Cigarette
514 Posts
^^ This ^^ however I like the TPMS cause with 8 and 10 ply tires its easy to be running around way low and not know it going down the highway...

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Ok... well if you really want to be sure the sensors work I'd say do some google-ing or buy a new set from the factory... or pull her stock tpms out and use them... TPMS fits Jeep Wrangler OEM Tire Pressure Sensors and yes the sensors have to be married to the car with something like this, which is the one I have in my toolbox, or they 1. wont work and 2. they wont show the individual pressures for each wheel: http://www.amazon.com/Autel-TS601-Relearn-Programming-Coding/dp/B00BF23HVQ
Unless the 14's do something different, I did not need any special tool to marry the sensors on my 13. I put on new wheels/tires with brand new sensors and they worked right out of the box, no extra steps needed. In addition, I sold the old wheels/tires to someone who bolted them on his 2013 and they worked on his rig right off the bat as well. I do have individual readout of pressures and they all work correctly, as I verified.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Unless the 14's do something different, I did not need any special tool to marry the sensors on my 13. I put on new wheels/tires with brand new sensors and they worked right out of the box, no extra steps needed. In addition, I sold the old wheels/tires to someone who bolted them on his 2013 and they worked on his rig right off the bat as well. I do have individual readout of pressures and they all work correctly, as I verified.
I had the same experience with my '13 MOAB. Bought these for $20 each (they are $18 now): Jeep TPMS Tire Sensors Set of 5 2013 Wrangler 56029398 AB Brand New FedEx | eBay

Put them on a set of five used Moab wheels I bought for $20 each and had Blizzaks mounted. Everything works perfectly. Incredible in the Colorado snow!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will go larger guys (35's)and i will buy anyway the bully dog programmer to fix speedometer and odometer! But anyway i always think was a nice safety feature to have!

·
Registered
851 Posts
^This. 13 and 14 use the same frequency. 12 and earlier use a different frequency. No "marrying" required.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Guys do you consider the bully dog a good prohrammer to fix tpms soeedo and odo?

·
Registered
625 Posts
I had the same experience with my '13 MOAB. Bought these for $20 each (they are $18 now): Jeep TPMS Tire Sensors Set of 5 2013 Wrangler 56029398 AB Brand New FedEx | eBay

Put them on a set of five used Moab wheels I bought for $20 each and had Blizzaks mounted. Everything works perfectly. Incredible in the Colorado snow!
x2. Best place I've seen to get them is eBay...about 90-100 bucks for a set of 5....just remember its the 433 MHz ones. I can't fine the right tire/wheel combo I want in a package so I'll be ordering them too.

·
I Need A Cigarette
514 Posts
If it works great... I had nothing but issues trying to get 13' sensors to work on my 14' and eventually pulled the 14' sensors out of the stock wheels and put them in the 13' 10th wheels... I don't however have the individual readout option in my sport... maybe your's is smarter than mine lol... but there have been a few folks having issues using 13' sensors in a 14' including myself...

·
Super Moderator
21,993 Posts
If it works great... I had nothing but issues trying to get 13' sensors to work on my 14' and eventually pulled the 14' sensors out of the stock wheels and put them in the 13' 10th wheels... I don't however have the individual readout option in my sport... maybe your's is smarter than mine lol... but there have been a few folks having issues using 13' sensors in a 14' including myself...
13's and 14's have the same part number and use the frequency. Maybe you got a bad sensor(s).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts