Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new set of wheels and tires for my JK. Does anyone know if I do not put the tpms sensors back in, and if I buy a procal will this keep the lights on the dash from coming on?
And anyone that has or has used one, how difficult are they to use?
Thanks in advance for the help,
Mike.

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
very easy to use. i purchased the AEV procal a day after i got my wheels/tires.

the display lights were bothering me as well... and having to guesstimate the actual speed on my speedometer.

with the procal, i turned off the tire sensors, and corrected my speedometer. Pretty easy to use. just do the settings for ur tires, plug it in and wait for the horn for confirmation, then repeat for ur other calibrations.

since i recently got a flat and didn't notice until the next day (my tires are SUPER QUIET even when flat) i activated my sensors again.

·
Registered
202 Posts
It is illegal to disable a TPMS and I think that is a federal law, not just state. You might have a problem with a state safety inspection sticker.

·
Registered
202 Posts
We have to have our vehicles inspected every year. Same in Massachusetts. Not likely they will notice but still part of the inspection. Also read of insurance claims being denied after accidents when drivers claimed they lost control.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All very valid points I did not think of. Fl does not have inspections on vehicles but I have decided to buy 5 new tpms sensors.
Thanks all

1 - 9 of 9 Posts