Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotta buy new TPMS Sensors for my new wheels. Trying to save a few bucks there are few options around the internet for sets of 5. Questions: I have a 2012, will any 315mhz sensor work? Is there a way to test sensors prior to install to ensure functionality?

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Gotta buy new TPMS Sensors for my new wheels. Trying to save a few bucks there are few options around the internet for sets of 5. Questions: I have a 2012, will any 315mhz sensor work? Is there a way to test sensors prior to install to ensure functionality?

Why not take them out of your old wheels?

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Getting new tires mounted on new wheels.

Yes, so take the sensors out of your old wheels and put them in the new wheels..

I just purchased $3000 wheels and tires. Took the old sensors out of my wheels before selling them and put them in my new wheels.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,058 Posts
any decent tire shop can check to make sure they are putting out the proper signal. I have had good luck getting them off Amazon and once had good luck on ebay and once not. just search for tpms for 2012 jk on either of those sites.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Thanks for the help, lol

If you use different sensors and they are not readable you'll also have to get an adapter to get codes. My advice is use your old ones. If you don't want to use the old ones, get OEM new TPMS (which you can find on that site I gave you). You can get less quality and potentially have to replace them periodically. You may save yourself $10-$15 per unit, but that won't be realized if you'll go through them more often.. you can get New Mopar (No problem). Or you can turn off the need for TPMS altogether, that will cost you the cost of a Programmer (ProCal will work)..

My help ends with; use the old ones or buy new OEM.. after that your choice is yours alone...

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
any decent tire shop can check to make sure they are putting out the proper signal. I have had good luck getting them off Amazon and once had good luck on ebay and once not. just search for tpms for 2012 jk on either of those sites.

How long did the after market hold up Jadmt?

·
Super Moderator
22,058 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts