Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 Rubicon 4 door
Is there any way to disable the TPMS warning light now that I've added new tires & wheels? I have the Superchips Flashpaq but it doesn't seem to have the ability to turn the TPMS off?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Don't know about the Flashpaq, I would have thought it would have that capability. AEV ProCal will do it.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Maybe a silly question but have you updated the flashpaq? Ive had mine for a couple weeks now and have updated it like 5 times, seems they come out with updates almost daily. I plugged it into jeep once to make sure it was recognizing PCM and such but thats about it, I dont have my 35's on yet so havent changed anything as of yet.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe a silly question but have you updated the flashpaq? Ive had mine for a couple weeks now and have updated it like 5 times, seems they come out with updates almost daily. I plugged it into jeep once to make sure it was recognizing PCM and such but thats about it, I dont have my 35's on yet so havent changed anything as of yet.
I have the AEV Procal that came with my lift, but I haven't used it because I have the Flashpaq.
I haven't updated it yet since I've had it though. Maybe I should try that?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Superchips offers a downloadable off road update that will allow you to set minimum pressure very low. I don't remember if it can be totally disabled though.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I have the AEV Procal that came with my lift, but I haven't used it because I have the Flashpaq.
I haven't updated it yet since I've had it though. Maybe I should try that?
Superchips offers a downloadable off road update that will allow you to set minimum pressure very low. I don't remember if it can be totally disabled though.
If you set it to zero using the ProCal, it will disable the TPMS completely.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
FlashCal....

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you set it to zero using the ProCal, it will disable the TPMS completely.
What he said! All you do is set a series of dip-switches in the correct sequence, turn on your ignition, wait 10 seconds, plug in the AEV Pro Cal into your OBDI port and if done correctly the horn will beep twice confirming the change. Simple! Your TPS pressure threshold for the dash light is now changed to zero, so it won't come on at all.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The Flashcal has a downloadable update that sets the TPMS into "offroad mode", effectively disabling it.
You have to sync your Flashcal with your Jeep (VIN lock it) before you can download the TPMS disable option.

This just worked on my 2011 recently.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can't use the Procal if the Superchips is installed I believe. I don't want to mess around with F'n up the computer. I'll try downloading the new updates. Only thing is that I use Macs not PC, so it seems the "spark" download isn't compatible with Macs? Anyone get around this or do I need to borrow someone's PC?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have the Flashcal. IIRC, you must update, lock vin, then purchase ($0-free) the Off-Road TPMS update.

It worked fine on my 2012, but it's a few hoops to jump through. Good luck.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I turned mine off with the Procal pretty easily. I have a basic Sport so all the computer tells me is what tire is low. I went a long time driving without a computer telling me to check my tires before I drive away.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts