Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everything was fine until I disconnected the battery for 15 minutes, now I can't remove the tpms warning. the reading for all 4 wheels is 37 psi. 33” tires and Fuel Aftermarket wheels.. oem tpms sensor... Today I drove 3 hours and the alert continues

·
Registered
834 Posts
I completely disabled my TPMS just so I don't have to deal with it anymore. I've driven for over 30 years without a tire nanny and didn't die, can't say I need a nanny now.

·
Super Moderator
7,348 Posts
Since disconnecting is what triggered this issue, I would disconnect the battery again. Disconnect it, and touch the positive and negative leads from the Jeep together to drain all power (or let it sit). Then hook the battery back up in the proper order (positive terminal, then negative terminal).

·
Retired Moderator
102,478 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

Reactions: Chileno

·
Premium Member
3,691 Posts
Humor us and go set them all to 40. Then drive it for a while. What year and what model is your Jeep?

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
I used an OBDII plug and JScan to adjust the pressure settings down to 27 psi for a an alert value.

Reactions: eldeeder

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
I like my TPMS, but i have it set at a lower psi setting (32pis) I check my tires with a gauge frequently anyways. But if i had something in there i didn't see or monitor that day, and for whatever reason the tire psi happens to go down a little faster the stupid gizmo will detect it for me. Never had any issues with them, they go bad after 4-6 years or so and they're not that expensive to replace. I don't use tpms to read my psi, i just want the alert when the min thresold goes off, typically your min set value - 6psi.

·
Super Moderator
7,348 Posts
I also have adjusted the threshold for the sensors as low as possible. I think they trigger the light at 22 psi. Typically the trigger psi is 5 or 6 psi lower than the target psi. And once triggered the tire must be aired up to or above the target psi to reset the light.
The spare tire does enter into it. The spare tire is not monitored.

·
Premium Member
8,722 Posts
I also reset the threshold down (25 PSI) using the Jscan and OBDII adapter. I run the tires actually at 30 PSI (LT285/70R17 tires, 2017 JKU).

Chileno - do you have the EVIC which displays the tire pressure for each of the 4 tires and their position. Or do you just get a single warning that there is a tire pressure somewhere. On the evic, you can see the detected pressure by LF, RF, LR, RR. (The spare is not detected as there is no sensor to read the spare on any of the systems)

On the EVIC if a tire pressure transmitter is non functional, it displays a "--" for that position. You may also have a sensor that reads the transmitter that has failed. Those sensors are mounted on the frame near the tire so that it can read the pressure.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Mine will trigger as others said at 32 PSI. It will not reset until it registers all tires at 37 PSI or above. I have never had a problem with mine. The sensors on my last Jeep were still working fine after 10 years.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Been riding on inflated tires since about 1969. Never needed an idiot light to tell me a tire was low. If you can't see a low tire on pre check or can't feel it by driving, park it and call Uber.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
The TPMS is a good thing to have if you're driving along at highway speeds and a tire suddenly starts losing pressure rapidly, such as what happened with a Chrysler I had. That way, you have a few extra seconds to start slowing down and moving toward the shoulder before you feel something going wrong.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I like seeing my exact pressures. Very handy and my TPMS matches my ARB digital inflator, so I figure it’s accurate.
Do all modern Jeep TPMS’s not show each tire’s pressure? My 2005 showed each tire’s pressure and so does my current TPMS.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts