Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having an issue with my TPMS. I have a 2015 JKHR.

I was wondering if anyone else is or have had or having an issue...

I got 5 new tires and wheels about 2 weeks ago. The front sensors worked right off the bat, but the two rear ones the right rear one was intermitted about one week after the install.

Fast forward to today, I got the two rears ones replaced and the front ones still work, and the rear right one works, but the rear left one no dice, its still not working. The left rear one still refuses to register with the Jeep. It has been driven now over 30 miles. Still nothing, does anyone know how to "force" the Jeep to relearn the sensors, is that even possible?

The repair shop was unsure of the frequency of the sensor for the 2015, I have read that its was changed in 2013 to 433 Mhz, which the sensor clearly states on the outside...

·
Registered
910 Posts
Have you tried swapping a front tire to the back, to see if it's the actual tire sensor or the vehicle . I guess I lucked out when I ordered 5 tpms off of ebay for $55. They all worked within 3 blocks from the tire store.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
It could be since the swap there's something with the computer picking up the signal, especially since the fronts worked and the rears had a problem. If the TPMS sensors were a direct swap from your original wheels I would try a computer re-boot by disconnecting the battery for approx. 10 min. and then re-connecting. Maybe the sensors will synch. Even if they're replacements it still might work since at least 3 now seem to work. Sometimes the sensors need one or two on/off cycles driving for at least 20 min. for them to synch. Some pick up right away, others don't.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did the battery disconnect, all 3 of the working ones picked up right away. Still no go on the 4th one!

Today, I am going to add extra air to the tire and drive for a little while and then deflate it and see what happens. I do not want to get the dealership involved, but I might have to...

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TPMS? What TPMS? :)
Tire
Pressure
Monitoring
System

Well, it looks like my Jeep can't tell its left from right...

I went out and deflated a tire on the left side (Driver side) of the Jeep the TPMS thought it was the right side (Passenger side) of the Jeep, that the tire was located. But it knows the front from the rear tire locations...

Has anyone had this issue before???

·
Registered
178 Posts
Wound up taking mine to the dealer, for reprogramming

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I turned mine off with an AEV Procal. Don't even have sensors in my new tires. So much better without one more electronic nanny to worry about.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I'm the only one in the world that loves the TPMS, lol. It make airing back up so nice! Mine is spot on with my gauge so I just hook the hose up, hop in the drivers seat & watch the dash. No standing out in the freezing snow or rain checking to see where its at. It's the bomb. :D

·
Registered
412 Posts
I found this thread after searching for a way to turn off the TPMS.... Wow, I love searches and this forum. I can pretty much check my tires with a tire gauge. I don't need Big Brother to tell me about it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts