Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 14' jku that I put new tire and wheels on and the sensor light on dash won't go out. I also bought a pro cal. I've fooled around with different psi's and drove it and cant figure out why light won't go out. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
22,907 Posts
Are you sure they put sensors back in?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was thinking that or maybe a bad one? Purchased them from 4WD hardware and figured they would of put them in. I paid for them. I have 285/75/17 toyo at2. Running them at 30 psi and pro cal is set at 30psi on high end. Any way I can check to see if there's sensors without taking tires off?

·
Super Moderator
22,907 Posts
couple of things make sure they put the correct sensors in as they changed in 2013 earlier ones wont work on 13 and up. also simplest thing is pump your tires up to say 36psi and drive around for a few miles as if you have the threshold set at 30psi and you have 30 psi it may be too close. I have my threshold set at 19psi as I like having the warning if in fact I do go flat but I run my psi lower often so keeps the light off. if raising your psi does not put the light out pull a valve core and run a piece of wire down the stem if there is a sensor the wire wont go down very far. if the wire runs all the way down there is not sensor. Also so times it takes 10 miles for the sensors to register. start with pumping the psi up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. Thanks a lot for the info. I'll try that after work today. After getting them before I got the pro cal I called 4WD and they said it took 50 miles or so to sync the new sensors at 35psi but didn't work. Got the pro cal mostly for speedo and shifting points. I read there was a threshold on those but I'll try raising the psi. Appreciate the help. I'll let ya know how it fares.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts