Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2 1/2 inch lift on my yj and the trac bars are having a tough time with the lift I took them out seems to drive fine anyone know if it's safe or not to be driving around with the front and rear trac bar off please let me know
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
261 Posts
As far as I've seen on every other thread, it's safe. They're just there to shut the yuppies up. I have mine off on my stock leafs

·
Registered
829 Posts
I took mine off a couple weeks ago and nothing negative to report. Only positives. Most of the mystery clunking has disappeared, the ride is much better, and the handling seems unchanged. I'm running stock suspension, so YMMV.

·
Administrator
12,548 Posts
ran with out mine on a 4" lift.. no major negative issue in how it drove. Now if you have very worn out springs.. then maybe it could be an issue, more body roll etc.. but in general terms.. its fine with out them.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Have no trac bars on mine it has a 3" body lift drives and rides great

·
Registered
449 Posts
Stock suspension on mine and they've been off for a month now. Much better ride IMO.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Trac and sway bars were the first thing I scrapped on both my YJs. If you drive on the road a lot you should leave the sway bars though. Discos are easy enough to deal with...

·
Registered
829 Posts
Trac and sway bars were the first thing I scrapped on both my YJs. If you drive on the road a lot you should leave the sway bars though. Discos are easy enough to deal with...
My sway bar bushings are toast. When it gets warmer I'll take off the sway bar and drive it for a while. If it feels dicey, I'll just put it back on with new bushings.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
my track bar and sway bars have been off for 2 years and they will never go back on
handles great on road and waay better off road, i do however have new 4inch springs.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
i have been thinking about putting mine back on,,,,--might bend them and make a step or even something for my bumper,,,anyone have any ideas how we could use our sway and track bars,,,and dont get me started on our bumperets...

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Just finished 4" Spring lift. New Shocks etc. Kept the front one on, rear one came off with a sawzall (lol) No probs so far. Didnt want to change too much at once. If Wheeling gets hardcore may take the front off and see how she does.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Just finished 4" Spring lift. New Shocks etc. Kept the front one on, rear one came off with a sawzall (lol) No probs so far. Didnt want to change too much at once. If Wheeling gets hardcore may take the front off and see how she does.
I had to cut the frame bolt on the rear track bar to get it out. The front bar I had to cut. The nut on the frame end came right off, but I could not get the bolt out. So I cut the bar as close to the mount as I could, and left a small piece of the bar. When the weather changes, I'll go after what's left of the bar.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The first thing I did when I got my Wrangler was take off the sway bars and the trac bars. If your springs are soft then it can be an issue. I only felt a small amount of extra body roll as I drove around. Mainly during hard acceleration during a turn. On my YJ I have new 3.5'' lift springs , shocks, and a shackle lift.
Pull em off and test drive it a good amount to see how it feels to your driving style.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts