Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been researching parts that are included with a 4" suspension lift. I have discovered there isn't any bracket on the rear trac bar to adjust for the suspension lift.PO just left it stock. My jeep rides like your sitting on the axles. I have been in friends jeeps that are lifted and they have a little give. ( I know "its a jeep thing") but the shocks are fully compressed even when its on the lift. It rides like the suspension is frozen.

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
Could be a couple of things. I would start by simply disconnecting the track bar, then if does not work check the torque of the shackles. They should be around 40 ft. Lbs I believe. Also check your tire pressure. I run my pressure about 28 psi. Good luck.

Jeff

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
x2 on ditching the bar.

·
Registered
274 Posts
yeah you can get rid of the rear trac bar. mine has been off for years and it actually gives it a smoother ride and helps with flexing. just my $0.02

·
Registered
305 Posts
If it has a lift it should have come with extension brackets for the tracbars. If not then your suspension would be very stiff.

I run no trac or sway bars. No problem

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
if your shocks really are fully compressed then your suspension can't flex, get a decent set of shocks. if money is tight you can run ford truck shocks with a 4" lift. heres a thread that talks about it.
Budget Shock Swap.. Help Please - JeepForum.com

I agree on dumping the rear track bar, I run the front bar but I took it apart and lubed the bushings, made a big difference.

·
Registered
98 Posts
A pair of vice grips, a T-55 bit and one hour of time the track bars are gone. Much improved ride; glad I removed them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts