Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I sort of feel like an idiot here. Installed the Northridge grade 8 bolt kit last night on the front end of my 2013 JKU. Can anyone confirm whether the frame side rear track bar bolt is 14mm like the front? The kit came with 4 9/16 tb bolts and 2 14mm bolts. Logic would tell me that the 2 14mm tb are for the front/rear frame side locations, but I just want to be sure. That would leave me with 2 extra 9/16 tb bolts from the kit that were not used. Right?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So confirmed 9/16 on both sides of rear trackbar then. Did a little more research and found that only the front tb frame side on '12 and up needs the 14mm still. Trying to figure out why Northridge included 2 of the 14mm bolts.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
Ok, now I am confused... So speaking of just the tb on the '13...
Front:
axle side-9/16
frame side- 14mm

Rear:
axle side 9/16
frame side-14mm?

That was my original thought, but then I read this:

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/14mm-bushing-on-drivers-side-tb-144148.html

Particularily post #10
12+ it was changed. synergy added the bolt when the 12's came along and people realized the 9/16 was not fitting the frame mount.

Only the front as far as I know. Check the parts list. Maybe you got a extra ?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah if I did just the front frame side with the 14mm I'd have one extra 14mm and one extra 9/16 bolt left from the kit.

I definitely think that's the right way too. When I get around to doing the rear ill try to fit a 9/16 through the bushing just for my own curiosity.

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts