Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering traveling from WV to Ne to pick up a 95 wrangler. It's a long trip, but the price is right, besides, it belongs to a friend I haven't seen for a while. He says that the bracket that connects the track bar to the axle has rusted away. I would be useing a 2-wheel car dolly to tow this jeep with and would need to make the repair before heading home. I have searched the internet hi and low and can't find this bracket. anybody know where to find this part? (the suspension is stock) How difficult is this repair? Weld on or bolt on? thanks:Thanx:

·
Super Moderator
62,805 Posts
I think most people run YJ's without them, so you should be ok until you can find one. I searched and was only able to find brackets for lifted YJ's. Best of luck with your search.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
I choose to run the front track bar as I like the on road manners.
Don't see how it would be an issue if you're trailering the YJ though. Either way it's a bolt in part.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gixxerphil, thanks, I was wondering about the need for a track bar on a leaf spring set up. Like you, the only ones I found on line were for lifts. Think I'll head down to the dealer in the morning and see what I can come up with. thanks again

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
whiteyj, thanks for the reply. it is the rear track bar that is the issue. my friend that has the Wrangler said that there is a noise comeing from that area and I just want to be sure not to lose the axle on the trip home. I was talking with a friend and we were kinda wondering about the need for a track bar on a leaf spring set up. thanks again

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow! gixxerphil, went there, not only do those guys say that you don't need it, they are highly opinionated about it. thanks for the link. I think I can relax about it now.

·
Super Moderator
62,805 Posts
Yeah, that site is definitely not for people to ask newbish questions:rofl:
I do enjoy reading the threads, just never post:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea, those guys might hurt my feelings. I might be a newbe here, but not a total Jeep newbe. I did own a beat to death Wagoneer 15 years ago.:rofl:
Take it easy and thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
62,805 Posts
I didn't mean to sound like you were a newb, I was just saying that site is full of the hardcore jeepers:thumb:
I don't think you could pay me to post a thread over there:hide:

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I run with out mine I'm sure its still in my shed I'd give it a look if you really want one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Gypsy, Thanks for the offer, but between the replies from you and some others, I'm pretty comfortable with just throwing this one in the shed also.
Gixxerphil, don't worry you didn't offend me even a little bit. Seeing how I just came here tonite and don't even own a Jeep yet, if someone wanted to call me a newb, it would be fair. Take it easy, friend and thanks for all your help

·
Registered
199 Posts
Look familiar? That was how I bought mine, track bar only connected to frame, loose bouncing around at the axle.... Did I mention this was purchased at a CHRYSLER dealership!? So much for safety inspections I guess.... Not that the track bar missing is a safety issue, but really, just hanging by one bolt bouncing around?

Good luck with your new toy!
Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Agreed. Total waste of steel. Bring a 4.5" cutoff wheel and grinder, spend the three minutes to cut that crap off the frame and axle, never look back. With leaf springs, track bars are retarded. Hope it's an awesome deal. That's a heck of a drive for an old Jeep retrieval.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts