Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my Daughters 2009 JKU, the track bar bushing has some movement. It's an aftermarket one and I need to figure out what one it is so I can replace it. Are they all the same? I doubt it... The whole steering and suspension has been replaced with better parts too. How can I figure this out?

·
Registered
529 Posts
On my Daughters 2009 JKU, the track bar bushing has some movement. It's an aftermarket one and I need to figure out what one it is so I can replace it. Are they all the same? I doubt it... The whole steering and suspension has been replaced with better parts too. How can I figure this out?
A picture would help. They are not all the same size but there are not many variations. Stay away from poly joints, they don't hold up well in track bars. JKS has some replaceable bushings and they are some of the highest durometer rubber which are needed in track bars.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Hard to tell what TB would that be, not many with the factory style adjuster though. I think you'll see that in the DV8, Teraflex, Streetsmart and RC front TB's. maybe there are some others but i don't know. I don't know if the bushings are the same between them.

·
Super Moderator
7,745 Posts
You can try to buy new bushings for a $150 trackbar. But I would just buy a new trackbar if the bushings are bad. Two things come to mind. Replacing cheap bushings that fail with new cheap bushings will likely end up in the same place down the road. And if you buy a higher quality trackbar you likely won’t have that problem, but if you do the company that made the higher quality trackbar will typically support it by selling you new bushings.

You could try to replace the bushings with higher quality bushings from another manufacturer, but then you will be playing roulette with regard to whether or not they fit.

And I see a raised trackbar bracket. How much lift do you have and is the draglink flipped? Or does it have a drop pitman arm?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can try to buy new bushings for a $150 trackbar. But I would just buy a new trackbar if the bushings are bad. Two things come to mind. Replacing cheap bushings that fail with new cheap bushings will likely end up in the same place down the road. And if you buy a higher quality trackbar you likely won’t have that problem, but if you do the company that made the higher quality trackbar will typically support it by selling you new bushings.

You could try to replace the bushings with higher quality bushings from another manufacturer, but then you will be playing roulette with regard to whether or not they fit.

And I see a raised trackbar bracket. How much lift do you have and is the draglink flipped? Or does it have a drop pitman arm?
It has a 4" lift with a drop pitman arm.

I want to try replacing the bushing before replacing the whole track bar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts