Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
The first pic is where it is rusted through.
TRACK BAR MOUNT!!!!!
it's easy enough to make that. no need to buy something fancy. get some flat 3/16" plate, cut & shape to fit, drill holes, bolt in place, tack weld in place, remove track bar, go nuts with the welder. shouldn't take more than a couple hours.

you definitely want to inspect the rest of the frame because if that bracket is toasted, you'll likely find more significant problems in the frame. May even require a frame swap.

·
Premium Member
2,866 Posts
The rest of the frame has been undercoated
I've got one you are welcome to for the price of postage. I cut them off the frame very cleanly when I do a shock outboard job. Had I known they were in need I would have saved the other 20 I just tossed in the scrap pile from other outboard jobs I've done.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The rest of the frame has been undercoated
I've got one you are welcome to for the price of postage. I cut them off the frame very cleanly when I do a shock outboard job. Had I known they were in need I would have saved the other 20 I just tossed in the scrap pile from other outboard jobs I've done.
What is an outboard job and do you have a pic of it

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
outboard

When you outboard your shocks and do a spring relocation,Do you need two decrease your rear spring height so that the jeep sits level?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts