Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this all and have done a lot of reading over the last year here and finally have the budget to do some mods, but just had two quick questions I have the Mopar Stage 3 Lift for my 2dr JK which a buddy of mine who knows a Chrysler Tech who does installs says he usually keeps the FACTORY track bars when he installs that 3'' Mopar lift. From my understanding, it isn't just the adjustments to the factory track bars, it's also the quality which is why I upgraded the track bars.

So the first question is would there be any benefit to NOT upgrading to adjustable, quality track bars when doing this lift?

And the 2nd question is regarding the trackbar adjustments. I will be adding aftermarket wheels/35'' MTR's about a week after the lift is installed. Along with the lift i'm adding a Steering Stabilizer. I have the factory 255/75/17 Tires which i'll driving on until I get the MTR's and Rugged Ridge 17x9 Wheels installed. Will there need to be any adjustments to the track bars AFTER the lift is installed and when I upgrade to the bigger wheels/tires?

The reason I ask this is because my tires are getting installed at a local America's Tire and i'm thinking they won't be dealing with any track bar adjustments?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jkjeeper... I already ordered both front and rear track bars. After the lift and these adjustable track bars are installed and adjusted will they need re-adjusting the week after when I add the 35'' tires?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured that wasn't the smartest question... Lol. Thank you. I'm just wondering why this Certified Chrysler Tech said the the he's done many of these 3'' lifts and always uses the factory track bars as this kit has relocation brackets. The thing is the QUALITY of the track bars is also an issue which is why it's best to replace them, right?

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
I figured that wasn't the smartest question... Lol. Thank you. I'm just wondering why this Certified Chrysler Tech said the the he's done many of these 3'' lifts and always uses the factory track bars as this kit has relocation brackets. The thing is the QUALITY of the track bars is also an issue which is why it's best to replace them, right?
He's correct as far as the rear. With the front .. We can't run a bracket without flipping the drag link or running a drop pitman arm. Both track bar and drag link have to remain parallel. With a bracket @3" of lift you don't technically need a adjustable track bar. Unless I'm mistaken, the Mopar kits don't address steering geometry ??

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
Kjeeper....youre response was too technical for me at this point. Here is the stage 3 lift I have www.amazon.com/2007-2014-Wrangler-Stage-Racing-Mopar/dp/B00FY0NREM It was suggested I upgrade both track bars as the factory aren't as solid. Do you see any reason I shouldn't upgrade or any benefit of upgrading to the Rubicon Express Chromoly Track bars?
My response was regarding brackets. The kit relocates the rear track bar via a bracket so technically you don't need a rear... Save your money.
I would definitely add a front track bar. TF, Synergy, RK ... Anything but RE.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kjeeper why would you not suggest an RE track bar? . It'ssupposed to be Chromoly Steel. Why do you say anything but the RE?

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
Kjeeper why would you not suggest an RE track bar? . It'ssupposed to be Chromoly Steel. Why do you say anything but the RE?
I don't see anything good said about it. Your front track bar is prob the most important component. 99% of Death wobble issues is track bar related.
I'd run the stock track bar over some aftermarket track bars available.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts