Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i have the following kit for my trackbar replacement bolts to stop/ prevent death wobble...

Poly Performance JEEP/TRUCK & BUGGY :: Suspension :: Suspension & Lift Kits :: Jeep Suspension Systems :: 2007-Current Jeep JK Wrangler Suspension Systems :: Synergy Manufacturing :: Synergy Jeep JK Lower Control Arm & Track Bar Hardware Kit - 4X4 Of

The guide listed in the instructions confuses me because it shows more then 12 bolts being replaced when the kit only comes with 12.

If someone can please help me out i would appreciate it. I would love to get this 8 month old procrastinated upon project on the road.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I too would be interested in this. Or if there is a video that show s step by step instructions that would be great as well.

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
There is no instructions. Short bolts replace the track bar bolts. Longer CA's
One bolt out-one bolt in. All done with jeep on the ground with tires on. Torque all @ 125.
You have to do all of this in your underwear too.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
the trick is to use one bolt as a punch to drive the old bolt out enough that it slides out, then push that placeholder bolt back out from the other side with a new bolt. lining up bolt holes can be a pain in the butt solo.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
There's one 14mm for the frame side upper on the 12+
I have a 2013 and the 9/16 bolt fit with less slop then the 14mm in the kit on my frame side front track bar.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
Maybe it was due to the TeraFlex monster track bar?

·
Registered
298 Posts
I replaced bolts with synergy kit. On Teraflex bar I had to use standard bolt that came in the kit on frame side and factory bolt on axle side. Not too happy about this as I thought I was gonna be able to replace all bolts. Teraflex bar stopped bolt at shoulder when I tried using replacement metric bolt from kit.

Still need to call synergy to ask them.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I replaced bolts with synergy kit. On Teraflex bar I had to use standard bolt that came in the kit on frame side and factory bolt on axle side. Not too happy about this as I thought I was gonna be able to replace all bolts. Teraflex bar stopped bolt at shoulder when I tried using replacement metric bolt from kit.

Still need to call synergy to ask them.
Please let us know what you find out. I plan on doing this as well with the tf monster trackbar

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
I thought the frame side mount only fit 14 mm,
Nothing to do with the track bar ?

I run the TF Monster TB and have no issues with 9/16's

All -
That kit is grade 9 which is kinda overkill. More expensive and that's where they get you. There is a less expensive grade 8 available. The factory 10.9 (metric) and grade 8 (SAE) have the same tensile strengths.
Regardless .... You are not changing the bolts for strength. 9/16 and slightly larger then a 14 mm and most important shouldered so the threads don't chew up the mounts.

The kit offers a 9/16 and a 14mm TB bolt. Whatever works for you use it. Throw the other in a box. Some day it might come in handy :thumb:

·
Registered
298 Posts
I used the 9/16 synergy bolt on the frame side (the "silver" bolt). The metric bolts have a goldish tint to them. I need to replace rears still, so ill double check axle side when I do on the front to confirm if 14mm bolt fits.

If 14mm bolt doesn't fit axle side, then synergy should be sending 2 9/16 shouldered bolts with the kit. They send two metric bolts and one 9/16 for the front track bar.

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
There is no instructions. Short bolts replace the track bar bolts. Longer CA's
One bolt out-one bolt in. All done with jeep on the ground with tires on. Torque all @ 125.
90 ft-lbs for the uppers, 125 ft-lbs for the lowers i believe... least that's what i did a few moons ago... :whistling:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts