Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was reading in JP mag about removing the trac bars to get better ride and more articulation. Is this a good idea and any of ya'll done this? Got a 92 YJ.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Please do a search... This topic is a dead horse. Remove them and ride happy. Our leafsprung YJ's don't need them.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Did my rear just recently although I've known about it for a long time. WAY better ride and softer bounce from the back end. I guess I'll do the front too! Take your rear one off and go over a sharp speed bump a bit slowly and notice the dramatic difference between the front going over and the back. Of course the forward mounted front shackles have something to do with this, but the difference in dramatic. Practically no jerk from the back just bounce.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. Sounds good. I've had lots of Jeeps, but all older. Never run across these silly things before.

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
Take them off, definitely. If I can find time this weekend, I'm going to pull my front axle (to re-gear) and I'll pull mine then.

Denis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts