Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the old style rock krawler track bar which im 98% sure will hit the new psc big bore steering box i just got. does anyone know if the new rock kralwer track bar will clear both the dana 60 front diff cover and the psc steering box? i have read that the synergy bar will clear the psc box, but not sure about the dana 60. maybe the metalcloak trackbar?

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
I have a PR60, PSC HD, and old style RK trackbar and it does hit slightly on the PSC but not the PR60. I have a RK X-factor 3.5” so your results could be different. Eventually I am going to have to replace the track bar I think.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a PR60, PSC HD, and old style RK trackbar and it does hit slightly on the PSC but not the PR60. I have a RK X-factor 3.5” so your results could be different. Eventually I am going to have to replace the track bar I think.

the old RK track bar clears my fusion 60 front axle, but i have heard that the metalcloak doesnt clear a 60 front, and im unsure about the synergy and new style RK bar.

how much bump stop are you running? i think i have 3 hockey pucks with poly bump stops in the frame. also, is your track bar relocated with a drag link flip?

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
I have the same bumpstop setup as you have.

I would give RK a call and ask them, they’re very helpful. I even bet they will give you a 25% discount on the new trackbar if you have their suspension.

I just went and checked and my trackbar hits the very back edge of the thread on the PSC. There is now a divot in the trackbar and I think it slides past the thread. I would say you could actually take a die grinder and remove a little bit of metal on the trackbar and be OK. I think that’s what I’m going to try to do.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the same bumpstop setup as you have.

I would give RK a call and ask them, they’re very helpful. I even bet they will give you a 25% discount on the new trackbar if you have their suspension.

I just went and checked and my trackbar hits the very back edge of the thread on the PSC. There is now a divot in the trackbar and I think it slides past the thread. I would say you could actually take a die grinder and remove a little bit of metal on the trackbar and be OK. I think that’s what I’m going to try to do.

i guess if i have interference while im cycling the suspension, i could clearance the track bar, and if it requires a lot of material removal, i'll just order a different one.

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
i guess if i have interference while im cycling the suspension, i could clearance the track bar, and if it requires a lot of material removal, i'll just order a different one.
If yours lines up like mine, very little material would need to be removed. Always a big "if" because these Jeeps are built with pretty sloppy tolerances.

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
Another option might be the Core4x4 Tier3 trackbar. No idea if it clears so would need to call them.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
already ordered the new style RK track bar to replace the front. not to expensive with the northridge forum code.

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
already ordered the new style RK track bar to replace the front. not to expensive with the northridge forum code.

Did they say it would clear everything?

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did they say it would clear everything?

i called them and they said they redesigned it specifically because of the psc big bore box, so it should work. they didnt specifically say it would clear the dana 60, but it shouldnt be a problem.

Reactions: Leadnut

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
Good to know, thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts