Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm new to Jeep because I recently bought a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Altitude Edition and I was told there was a tracking device on it and I was wondering if anyone knew where the device was located. Lmk ASAP please!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Tracking device? I believed it has an EDR (black box) to record certain driving data for crash purpose.

☞ Sent from here ☜

·
Registered
829 Posts
Wonder who would be tracking your Jeep?? Did you ask the dealer about it?? If it's there, (which I kinda doubt) the dealer would need to disclose that fact prior to purchase. Otherwise, it's an invasion of privacy.
Even the police need a warrant to put a tracking device on someone's vehicle.

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Could be a dealer installed anti theft device. However, the tracking part is used for after the theft, more for recovery.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
If it is the mopar tracker, look for a small button with a telephone icon, and I think it has a small blue light.

·
Registered
10,334 Posts
If it is the mopar tracker, look for a small button with a telephone icon, and I think it has a small blue light.
If the OP has the Mopar stolen vehicle tracker, I believe that small button looks like this (located just over the Rubicon switch panel in this example):

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah that's what I meant haha sorry guys I just blanked and wasn't able to think of the right name for it. Oh ok and yeah I just want to know where it is so I can take to off so my folks don't know where i am all the Time. Ok so I think it's located on my mirror (not 110% sure) I'll take pics soon

·
Registered
517 Posts
This may be an unpopular opinion but as a parent myself I am entitled to it.

If I purchased a Jeep, or any other vehicle for that matter, with that feature and my child removed or disabled it - I would be removing the keys from their possession until it was put back. Otherwise they can go buy their own Jeep with their own $$$.

I am just assuming they purchased it since you did not know about the feature. If you purchased the vehicle you would have the information on how to track the vehicle instead of your parents.

Just saying...

·
Registered
17 Posts

If I purchased a Jeep, or any other vehicle for that matter, with that feature and my child removed or disabled it - I would be removing the keys from their possession until it was put back. Otherwise they can go buy their own Jeep with their own $$$.

I am just assuming they purchased it since you did not know about the feature. If you purchased the vehicle you would have the information on how to track the vehicle instead of your parents.

Just saying...
You must really trust your kids

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Whenever you're riding in your Jeep, you are being tracked. Thanks to a high tech device called "your cellphone".

·
Registered
252 Posts
As a 23 yo college student I kind of agree with Schirmyver. If you don't want your parents checking up on you, be open and talk to them like people depending on how old you are they may consent to letting you change the login info to track the vehicle.

Just remember, until you are paying your own bills you are not really in a position to make demands. But in general, at least my parents, will respond to talking to them like an adult instead of trying to disable their leash behind their backs.

Just my unsolicited $.02

·
Registered
110 Posts

Just saying...
I completely agree!!! I highly doubt they're tracking you just to see where you are. I'm sure it's an emergency type of thing but you can bet that if I bought my kids a Jeep, I'd want to know where that thing is if they don't answer their cell phones.
You don't want me to have that capability?? Buy your own Jeep.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:nonono: That's the auto chromatic mirror. It dims automatically when a car follows you at night. Who is your buddy in front of the jeep. From the Satellite image in Google earth it looks like there are 3 of you. ;-)
what satellite image Lol? Damn :/. What do those two lights in between the power button do? And what's the power button do too? I'm new to jeeps lmaoo

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
So I'm new to Jeep because I recently bought a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Altitude Edition and I was told there was a tracking device on it and I was wondering if anyone knew where the device was located. Lmk ASAP please!
Some lenders now put a device like LoJack to locate it if you stop paying. The finance company actually owns the vehicle and you are it's slave just like the roman days.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.