Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to track down a water leak when it rains. I am assuming the Large Hose with nothing connected is the drain hose for the cowl. I checked this and nothing feels blocked and the inside is bone dry. My guess is i am going to have ot pull the cowl off and re-seal. here is a picture of the Hose. Let me know if i am on the right track.

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's a clogged cowl vent drain hose. There is a hose coming out of the top of the firewall with a pinched end on it, the hose should end just to the top of the coil if you have a 2.5l. Mine did the exact same thing, and my drain tube was clogged up with pine needles and other junk. I cleaned mine out and haven't had a problem since!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
It's a clogged cowl vent drain hose. There is a hose coming out of the top of the firewall with a pinched end on it, the hose should end just to the top of the coil if you have a 2.5l. Mine did the exact same thing, and my drain tube was clogged up with pine needles and other junk. I cleaned mine out and haven't had a problem since!
he said he checked that, there are lots of potential leaks you just have to check them one by one.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it seemed the rain/drips on the inside claimed it's first victim. My stereo head unit is out. Looks like i'll be playing electrical/water leak detective this weekend. Yay?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Well it seemed the rain/drips on the inside claimed it's first victim. My stereo head unit is out. Looks like i'll be playing electrical/water leak detective this weekend. Yay?
Mine too. By the time I got to work, there was 1/2 inch of standing water on passenger floorboard. Radio went out half way to work. Sharp left turn and it came on for 10 seconds and went out again.

:-(

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those darn left turns are killer....... It would be nice if we had more than 5 hours of sunshine this weekend so i can finish the fluids, Put on the soft top, fix the leak and now get my stereo fixed. Got to love michigan weather. Oh yeah and the weather is Killing my fishing time!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had a problem with water coming up from under the dash. I tried a couple different things and finally found out it was the cowl seal where the windshield frame meets the body of the Jeep. If you go to Morris 4X4's website they will have the right seal for your model. The part I bought was about $25 bucks and arrived at my house in 3 days. The worst part is laying the windshield down and taking the roll bars off the windshield. When I finally got it down I saw how rotted the old seal was and how much crap there was in it. It's a little bit of a pain but very much worth it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah not looking forward to that. My windshield has a crack and i am affraid it'll just break when i bring it down. Oh well whats another 160.00 LOL

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm afraid that the water in my passenger side floorboard might have had something to do with my radio wanting to cut out this morning. It has to be a really hard rain for me to get a leak but the last couple of days we sure have been getting those.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Dry here today, radio working again. Supposed to rain tomorrow, so I guess I'll be cleaning the air box drain. Also thinking about getting an scoop to prevent rain from getting in the air box. Going to buy a new windshield to cowl seal as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts