Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i finally got to play in the snow today, i noticed in 4 low and both lockers engaged the traction control light symbol stayed on even when i pushed it to shut it off, but in high 4 lockers not engaged it would go off.. Is this normal i would think you would be able to turn it of in low because traction control can get you stuck when playing.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:cool: Yes, the Electronic Stability Program, Traction Control, (ESP) light flashes when it's engaged and stays solid when it's off (always off in 4lo) and lockers have nothing to do withit !!

It's good that you're trying the lockers in snow, but be very careful on turns and corners, cause the locked "ends" can slide you into the outside of the turn (VERY EASY and FAST)

You can turn the ESP off (partial) in 4hi/2wd !!

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:cool: Yes, the Electronic Stability Program, Traction Control, (ESP) light flashes when it's engaged and stays solid when it's off (always off in 4lo) and lockers have nothing to do withit !!

It's good that you're trying the lockers in snow, but be very careful on turns and corners, cause the locked "ends" can slide you into the outside of the turn (VERY EASY and FAST)

thank you jimbo, that was stupid on my part i was thinking that when the light was on it meant traction control is on, our sport car is oppisite when you see the light its on. I was just playing around in the deep snow drifts in the ditch when i had the lockers engaged just for the fun of it, i wouldnt use them on the road!!

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
;) Heh Heh, there's not much about this JKU that we've ever been around and by doing just what your doing, you'll learn so much more about your jeep

Like I said locked "ends" can be a blessing when you're in DEEP snow (3 to 10 ft), that goes with low air pressure 3/5 psi and (WATCH THE TACH)-

I just drove over the Sierras on I-80 and I didn't dare use the lockers because of ice/turns/down angles-

Good luck

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts

There are several modes of off. Pressing the button turns is partially off. Holding the button for 5 seconds turns it completely off. Both are temporary until either the button is pushed again or the ignition is turned off.

It can be permently disabled by following the instructions in the owners manual which is also referred to as the "steering wheel dance."

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are several modes of off. Pressing the button turns is partially off. Holding the button for 5 seconds turns it completely off. Both are temporary until either the button is pushed again or the ignition is turned off.

It can be permently disabled by following the instructions in the owners manual which is also referred to as the "steering wheel dance."
ah ha i figured it should be able to be turned completly off, thank you!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Humm... wonder if this was broken on my old Jeep. I used to turn it off (holding it for the 5 seconds) but it still applied the breaks when I slid around corners or is that something different? I don't have snow yet to try it around here with the new one.

·
Banned
1,259 Posts
emailj said:
Humm... wonder if this was broken on my old Jeep. I used to turn it off (holding it for the 5 seconds) but it still applied the breaks when I slid around corners or is that something different? I don't have snow yet to try it around here with the new one.
Mine would do that too. :/ Since I've turned it off all the time it's nver been an issue again.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Mine would do that too. :/ Since I've turned it off all the time it's nver been an issue again.
So you turn yours off everytime you get in the truck or do you know a secret way to turn it off permanitly? A perm solution would be awesome.

·
Registered
90 Posts
See Daggo's post above.
Aw damn. Well my 2010 didn't come with a manual so this doesnt help me. I'm going to call and see if I can order one from the stealer. my 2010 only came with some stupid CD that is super lame and a little booklet showing basic stuff like what a lock button does etc, but didnt come with the full 300+page manual. :(

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
Aw damn. Well my 2010 didn't come with a manual so this doesnt help me. I'm going to call and see if I can order one from the stealer. my 2010 only came with some stupid CD that is super lame and a little booklet showing basic stuff like what a lock button does etc, but didnt come with the full 300+page manual. :(
You recevied a DVD that has the full owner's manual on it. Open the DVD as data and search the file. You can also go to www.jeep.com and download a .pdf version.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts