Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just lifted my jeep 2.5" and put 35s on it and am having a problem with the traction control kinda slipping a bit when I let off the gas at 30-40 mphs and when I brake... I turned my traction control off and haven't had a problem... Just wanted to know if that was a recalibration issue and what kind of recal is suggested to fix this?... Also my tire pressure light went on as well.... So hoping it will fix all that too...

·
Super Moderator
14,528 Posts
Mine was a little wonky until I used the Procal to set the tire diameters. It was immediately better, then went completely away after about 500 miles. I assume the computer learns...

The Procal also allows you to lower the TPMS settings to turn off your light at lower tire pressures.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I just lifted my jeep 2.5" and put 35s on it and am having a problem with the traction control kinda slipping a bit when I let off the gas at 30-40 mphs and when I brake... I turned my traction control off and haven't had a problem... Just wanted to know if that was a recalibration issue and what kind of recal is suggested to fix this?... Also my tire pressure light went on as well.... So hoping it will fix all that too...
This is a well known and documented issue and easy to fix. It needs proper alignment. Often after a lift if the steering is not dead center, the computer gets confused as it thinks is goong in one direction (steering) but wheels going at a slight different angle. I used the procal to dead center the steering wheel after my lift and the issue corrected. I got the tip on this forum after a google search pointed me here :)

If you dont have a procal. A good alignment shop will take care of it for probably less than the cost of a procal

·
Super Moderator
14,528 Posts
Yes, steering wheel alignment is another possibility. Mine was all straight and had nothing to do with alignment.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I did an alignment and worked the steering wheel to be dead center as well, most likely needs the procal... Plus I have other stuff I may be doing in the semi near future... Big brake kit, regear etc.... May make sense to grab a procal, any brand or ones on deals you can reccomend? And the bumpstops worked great pressurized, I'll send some pics it looks awesome the lift you suggested feels great too

·
Registered
585 Posts
Yeah I did an alignment and worked the steering wheel to be dead center as well, most likely needs the procal... Plus I have other stuff I may be doing in the semi near future... Big brake kit, regear etc.... May make sense to grab a procal, any brand or ones on deals you can reccomend? And the bumpstops worked great pressurized, I'll send some pics it looks awesome the lift you suggested feels great too
yes, even if it is properly aligned, the computer needs a reset or traction control gets "confused" that is why procal included the feature; check that section in their user manual online.

Good luck!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Flashcals are on amazon for like 130$ versus aev procal is 170$ on quadratic, I also have free 2 day delivery with Amazon so that is also kinda appealing.... Is there any difference in quality? Should I just stick with the procal? I kinda like the digital options with the flashcal

·
Registered
585 Posts
Flashcals are on amazon for like 130$ versus aev procal is 170$ on quadratic, I also have free 2 day delivery with Amazon so that is also kinda appealing.... Is there any difference in quality? Should I just stick with the procal? I kinda like the digital options with the flashcal
i went with procal as i have no access to a windows based pc (mac only) plus always happy with aev products. Quadratec is tax and ships free too. But for your immediate need a $80-100 bill at a reputable alignment shop will do the trick

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
I've used both.. I own a ProCal but MUCH prefer the FlashCal.. They do the same things, but the FlashCal has an LCD screen and menu system.. ProCal only has DIP switches.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I'm leaning towards the flashcal... Its cheaper and I like the fact that it has a screen and will be at my house in two days (thanks amazon). I would just get a shop to recal it but for an extra 30-50 bucks I can recal it anytime I want/need if I do more work.... Plus I have a windows PC too so that won't be an issue to update...

·
Super Moderator
14,528 Posts
The Flashcal TPMS solution sucks... You can only turn it on or off, you cannot adjust it down like you can in a Procal.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm actually okay with that, I didn't get tpms sensors in my new tires, I know I can always add them I just like checking them myself...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts