Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Excluding the Aftermarket GPS/Nav headunit, and locking gas cap, my JKUR 10A is Bone Stock.

Today, I found a small path that I could not resist the urge to go down. It opened up itno a large flat wet sanded area. I turned around somewhat quickly, in 2Hi. During the turn I felt the back end of the Jeep drift abit, and when it did the Traction Control LIght started flashing. Once going straight again it stopped flashing..

What does the Traction Control light mean when.
A: Off
B: Flashing
C: On (Comes on steady whenever I go to 4Lo)

·
Registered
121 Posts
The function you described sounds like the ESP, Electric Stability Program. The JK also has ABS, TCS, BAS, HSA, ERM, TSC. It's like freaking alphabet soup! It even has EIEIO, otherwise known as the Old McDonald program. :) most of these programs function through existing hardware. We really got our money's worth.:punk:

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's kind of what I thought.
So Cool!
Why does it turn disabled whenever I go to 4Lo? (Indicator on)

·
Registered
519 Posts
Because I f your in 4 low you don't want your brakes engaging when your trying to crawl. Basically the system applies breaks to the correct tire that keeps the vehicle in control. 4low. Your crawlin and the breaks engaging could cause more trouble then good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts