Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I upgraded the suspension on the 2010 JKUR. It had mystery lift on it, I think about 2". I went to the Rock Krawler 2.5" Expidition lift. Now the traction control kicks in for no reason.
The only thing that seems off is the steering wheel is no longer centered. I followed Rock Krawler's directions and measurements for the 2.5 lift.
Did I mess up one of the wheel speed sensors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
266 Posts
No there is a sensor in the steering wheel that lets it know how the wheel is sitting. All you have to do is have someone sit in the driver's seat and watch the steering you get underneath of it and adjust the drag link. Did you get an alignment after you installed the lift?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
266 Posts
After disconnecting any suspension parts you should always get an alignment.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alignment is on the list.... once we get past this whole hurricane thing going on.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just outside of San Antonio on the east side

·
Registered
266 Posts
Can you tell me what can be adjusted on a '4 wheel alignment' that most shops want $150 for?
It should only be 150 if you have all the adjustable components. Track bars and control arms. If they can't adjust everything it should be just like a regular 4 wheel alignment which is like 80 or 90. At least from where I am from. I would ask what they are adjusting before they charge you that way you know if they are ripping you off.

·
Registered
100 Posts
all you need to do is straighten your steering wheel and the problem should go away. your traction control unit thinks you are in a slide. there really isn't anything an alignment shop is going to do for you with a 2.5" lift. get geometry correction brackets (or caster correction of your choice) IF it starts to wander in your lane too much.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wife went and got the alignment done since I got called out to work. And the golf balls didn't adjust castor at all. Here is what they did.

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Did your lift come with adjustable control arms?
Camber is set and cannot be adjusted.
Toe-in is the only real adjustment they can do and as per the diagram it was done.
The draglink can also be reset in order to recenter you steering wheel so the traction control doesn't kick in.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did your lift come with adjustable control arms?
Camber is set and cannot be adjusted.
Toe-in is the only real adjustment they can do and as per the diagram it was done.
The draglink can also be reset in order to recenter you steering wheel so the traction control doesn't kick in.

Yeah all 8 are adjustable. Plan on working the castor back one evening this week.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Yeah all 8 are adjustable. Plan on working the castor back one evening this week.

They usually don't adjust the caster. The factory arms are not adjustable which means the caster is SUPPOSED to be locked in. Aftermarket arms are adjustable but many garages will refuse to adjust aftermarket parts (possible lawsuits should something go wrong).

It's a 2.5 inch lift so I would suggest making the lower arms about 1/8 to 1/4 inch longer. That should bring you pretty close.

The drag link is pretty sensitive. I did a 2" lift and the drag link needed just a 1/2 turn to bring her back onto center

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks! I'll start there!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks! I'll start there!