Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to take my 2010 JKU out today and as it was going to shift into 3rd gear the traction light turned on and would not let the auto transmission shift. The jeep pulled hard to the right and would not go any faster. Have not taking it offroad in months. Drove an hour this morning with no issues. Only 40,000 miles. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
This only happened once .. Freak thing ?

Have a buddy turn the steering wheel (engine running) 9-3
Look around the front steering/track bar for any play. Next check the ball joints for play.
40k high for the JK's ball joints/tie rod ends.
Any play in your front end and/or a alignment issue can cause your issue.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I don't know if it's the same but mine for some reason goes off every now and then and all the anti locks start to go off. I think it's just cause i start to loose traction on a wheel cause it only dies it when I exit the hwy by my job and mostly because I'm probably going to fast and it's bouncy but it keeps doing it even when I slow down its annoying

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Somethings missing. What have you not told us.
When I arrived home from work this morning I could not help but to try to drive the jeep again and feel for any issues or listen for any sounds. Good news is that the jeep drove fine. No traction light and no pulling to one side. My friend who is a mechanic and fellow JK owner is going to stop over this weekend to check the jeep over to make sure nothing is wrong. Ill clean the under carriage and brake area tomorrow to ensure that there is no debris in the brakes maybe. I also failed to mention that i do have a snorkel on the jeep, also about a year old with no issues until this current incident. Welp all is well now, I just want to make sure that nothing suspension related is causing the problem. I dont want to be stranded somewhere. Thanks again for all the assistance.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Possible bad wheel speed sensor, maybe. This can/will cause the traction control to sense a slip and react. Kinda odd about the xsmn not shifting but that could be the computer not allowing you to go any faster. I would go see if it tripped a code.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tomorrow night I'm having the computer scanned. I hope it shows the recent code.... Drive it to work today about 3 miles with no issues

·
Registered
616 Posts
I went to take my 2010 JKU out today and as it was going to shift into 3rd gear the traction light turned on and would not let the auto transmission shift. The jeep pulled hard to the right and would not go any faster. Have not taking it offroad in months. Drove an hour this morning with no issues. Only 40,000 miles. Any ideas?
Mine just done this yesterday. Same exact thing. 2013 JK 2 DR 28,000 miles. Got appointment at Dealer on the 10th. He said wheel sensor probability. Get them often.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Sounds like s wheel speed sensor(as others have mentioned) or a wheel bearing.

When I turn off trac control. No prob. Happened 2x with trac control on.

·
Registered
454 Posts
That's what I had to do when mine did it. I drove for a few days with no problems with tc off until my speed sensor got here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts