Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was searching around for a jack similar to a hi-lift jack and found this one by reese. It looks like it is good quality (but looks can be deceiving). The reason I'm interested in it is that it is a good $20 dollars cheaper and it is right up the highway from me so their is no shipping charge. What I'd like to find out is if Hi-Lift accessories will fit it and any reviews any of you may have dealing with its strength and general quality of its parts.
Reese® TowPower Farm Jack, 48 in. - 0115902 | Tractor Supply Company

·
Registered
304 Posts
I don't think that would be a bad jack. I bought mine from a friend and found out that its a cheap harbor freight but it still gets the job done. All the hi lift stuff works on it so it should work on this since its the same design. I think I'm going to buy this Reese jack next in black since they are cheaper and no shipping.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been reading a few other places about it and sometimes you can find it on sale for $40 dollars:speechless-smiley:

·
Registered
304 Posts
2JeepsThatRun said:
I've been reading a few other places about it and sometimes you can find it on sale for $40 dollars:speechless-smiley:
They have good things to say about it? Let me know if you find it on sale. Not sure it will be on sale here but I can swing by and look.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was a lot of mixed reviews some went on rants about American made, some said it had cheap Chinese metal, and a lot of people who actually had it said that it was great as long as you keep it lubricated (which is the same thing with a Hi-Lift). Basically from what I got is that its a good jack if you use it like you should not changing tires in your driveway where a bottle jack with jack stands are safer and just not being stupid with it. I am probably going to get it just as a back up if I break a winch line are get stuck and can only get out backwards with a winch. I also forgot to mention that one of my dads friends has one and we only used it once to jack up a trail rig to change a tire in 6 inches of mud and it didn't slip or anything he just hasn't used it for anything big I just wanted to find some people who have really put them to the test.
Heres a link to one of the forums if you want to read it: hilift jack vs farm jack? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts