Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone - I currently have a 2017 JK Soft-top bought a few years back for a great price. I've always wanted a hard top and now am ready to buy and replace my soft top. Do any shops "trade" a soft top for hard top? I dont want to keep my soft top once the hard is installed, and it's in pretty perfect condition, so I'd be sitting on a few hundred bucks with it laying around.

Is my best bet just buying the hard top and then trying to sell the old soft on craigs list or another buy/sell platform?

Thanks!!

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,853 Posts
No one does trades. Hardtop has more value (OEM) than a soft top. TOns of soft tops available, but not as many hardtops.

Place an ad in the For Sale section here. Plenty of guys have found people looking to trade. However, you will have a ton better luck and get better value for yours in the spring... when everyone wants to go topless.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I bought my soft top on craigslist by lurking for a season or so. When a premium from a dual top package Jeep came up, I bought it for $450. I've seen them from that to $1000 and none of them last all that long when they have everything needed to install on a Wrangler that only had the hard top. I'd say to list it on Craigslist. I'll sell fast.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts