Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In July I bought a 2012 White Wrangler Unlimited that was bare bones. It drove me crazy that it did not have power windows or locks. Not only that the windows were tinted with "film" and my dogs started to scratch the heck out of them. Last straw I was told that I could put a remote start in this jeep ;and was talked into getting the automatic. I live in Tahoe with no garage. The Jeep dealership had my car for 5 hours on Monday and when I returned they told me the good news was the remote was installed, bad news it wont work because I dont have power!!! For real! I exploded. Anyway bad story good there was an 2013 Orange Crush Sport S sitting on the showroom floor. That is color I originally wanted but they could not find one within 1000 miles so I settled for the white. Needless to say the Crush is in my driveway and I am the most excited jeep owner ever! lol Oh and this one has the real factory tinted windows!!!
What a mess but a great outcome!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Glad your happy, that's what ultimately Counts right! My wife is friends with someone that bought a 2011 traded it in on a 2012 and just the other day traded in the 2012 on a 2013.:eek:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Congrats. Crush is a great color. They always make my head turn when I see one drive by.

Funny how we all think a little different. For us (wife and I) I think part of the fun/draw of the Jeep was "simplifying" with the crank windows, manual, never locking it, etc. That is the great thing about them though.....everyone can get what makes it right for them.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yeah dealer wants $$$ to take a 12 off your hands for a 13. You always pay when you trade a vehicle one model year old.
dealer tried to give me 21K for my 12 with 1500 miles on it. Later I found out there was a couple inside who thought my Jeep was in their inventory and wanted my Jeep. I traded my 10 RWD in and made a grand off it, they're trying to sell it for 25k now lol.

OP, I know I was harsh but I know what it feels like to finally get the one you want. I traded my black 10 RWD for a 12 2 Dr and finally got white.

·
Registered
34 Posts
congrats. Crush is a great color. They always make my head turn when i see one drive by.

Funny how we all think a little different. For us (wife and i) i think part of the fun/draw of the jeep was "simplifying" with the crank windows, manual, never locking it, etc. That is the great thing about them though.....everyone can get what makes it right for them.

x2

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have bought, sold and traded 9 different vehicles since 2007. Who gives a crap what you lose when you trade! As long as you are happy is all I have to say. You live once...better be happy along the way.

2007 Tundra
2008 Civic
2003 Trail-lite
2009 Jayco
2010 Challenger
2010 Sienna
2011 Silverado
2011 Carolla
2013 Rubicon

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mudpupp said:
In July I bought a 2012 White Wrangler Unlimited that was bare bones. It drove me crazy that it did not have power windows or locks. Not only that the windows were tinted with "film" and my dogs started to scratch the heck out of them. Last straw I was told that I could put a remote start in this jeep ;and was talked into getting the automatic. I live in Tahoe with no garage. The Jeep dealership had my car for 5 hours on Monday and when I returned they told me the good news was the remote was installed, bad news it wont work because I dont have power!!! For real! I exploded. Anyway bad story good there was an 2013 Orange Crush Sport S sitting on the showroom floor. That is color I originally wanted but they could not find one within 1000 miles so I settled for the white. Needless to say the Crush is in my driveway and I am the most excited jeep owner ever! lol Oh and this one has the real factory tinted windows!!!
I had this car since last day in July because the paperwork got messed up I had only made one payment. They gave all but 2000. On my trade in. They also gave me the Crush for invoice. I think I made out pretty well!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mudpupp said:
I had this car since last day in July because the paperwork got messed up I had only made one payment. They gave all but 2000. On my trade in. They also gave me the Crush for invoice. I think I made out pretty well!
And I absolutely love the crush!!! Lol

·
Registered
583 Posts
Are you answering your own questions quoting yourself:rofl: Congrats, watch the "car" comments, people on here get quite upset about kittens dying. :thumb:

·
Registered
860 Posts
Yeah, trading is not usually as good as a private party sale...and the first year of ownership has the largest depreciation hit...but if you didn't like it and you love the new one, then you made the right move. Congrats. :thumb:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Now EVERY DAY you will wake up and see what you ALWAYS wanted, no seconds, only something that you will be satisfied with from this point forward! You did good!
Congrats!!!:thumb:

·
Registered
291 Posts
It pays to get what you want because nothing sucks worse than making payments on something that just doesn't quite cut it for ya. Every time you see the one you want going down the road you get that pinch of angst. I'd take a loss on a deal and get what I wanted rather than live with regret. Life is far too short for that stuff. Just my .02

·
Registered
462 Posts
I did the very same thing OP. I traded in my 2012 JKRU for a 2013 JKR and couldn't be happier. I was $5,000 upside down but in my opinion I just couldn't drive a 4 door auto anymore. It was killing me :punk:

Well done and congrats on the trade :thumb:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts