Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't completely happy with the Arctic so I found a leftover 2012 Rubicon.

Sorry for the crap pics but the best I can do with the snow.

It's a 2012. Has 33 miles on it. Only options are the Power Convenience group and non-painted hard top.

I must say it feels like a Porche with the 4.10 gears compared to the 3.21 gears which was one thing I hated.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was crappy that night for sure. I'll get some more pics soon but it's nothing that hasn't been seen before.

I did get my slush mats, ordered my stubby antenna, and thinking about ordering ACE rails.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
What didn't you like about the Arctic?

Or did it just have two doors too many?

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Sorry to see you leave the Arctic club, but at least you didn't stray far. Plus, you have the proper number of doors now :D.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Was it the Arctic or just the 3.21 gears you didn't like?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Ouch, that had to hurt the pocketbook. Live and learn I suppose.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What didn't you like about the Arctic?

Or did it just have two doors too many?
It was mostly the gearing on the Arctic I didn't like but there are some others. Had I did more research when I first bought it I would've got a Rubi. The Arctic was great but I found out after some trail runs that I did not want painted fenders/top. They get scratched really easy and they get lots of rock chips even driving normal. Then it was mostly the gears. The 6spd w/3.21's was a nightmare IMO. I've driven sticks for 15+ years and as soon as I got into the 4.10's I could tell the gear were much better. Otherwise I traded in Nav, heated seats, painted fenders/tops for D44, 4.10's, and lockers :punk:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Man I'd almost drive to Denver to pick up that Artic. I wanted the Artic so bad last year.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Man I'd almost drive to Denver to pick up that Artic. I wanted the Artic so bad last year.
It's at the dealer. 5200 miles. They had a sticker of 35k on it when I saw it. MSRP was 37.5k when I bought it. They were really excited to take that in on a trade.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Congrats! You traded up if you are offroading. I have a 2012 jku with 371 which are fine but I wish I had lockers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts