Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Litteraly. Divorce was finalized last Monday, bought Jeep today!

I spent a lot of time here and other forums gatering up info to determine what I wanted out of a Jeep. Thanks to yall and all your posts I was able to find the Jeep for me. It took a lot of looking around and visiting a lot of dealers, but today I found her and brought her home.

It's a Flame Red 2009 2 door X (bare bones and boring, just like me) with a soft top, auto (not my first choice of trannies but necessary due to injuries), 255/70/17 BFG Muds and 3.73 gears and 32000 miles. I paid under blue book!

I wanted the X mostly because I hate electric gizmos and doodads. I didnt want any chrome inside because the sun always seems to find every small chunk of chrome and blind me, so the X is perfect for me.

There are a couple problems though.

1: The soft top doesnt seem to fit quite right. The tabs that lock the sun rider in above the door wont lock in. I messed with it for a while but cant get it on either side. I'll have a veteran Jeeper at work take a look at it tomorrow.

2: One of the nylon straps for the top that extend to the rear bow is tearing, almost torn in two. Looks like a few allen head screws hold it on so should be easy to replace.

3: The windows arent tinted. No biggie, I'll be replaceing those (or the whole top) soon as I can.

4: The TPMS light is on. Pumped 30psi into all tires unsure what it should be at but it's still on. Then I noticed the sticker on the door jam saying 35lbs, so I'll bump it up tomorrow and see if that takes care of it.

5: Small dent in bumper, pass side front. Who cares....it will get replaced with a winch bumper soon anyways!

After all this time I finaly have a Jeep! I'm so excited, worse than a kid!!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, and I cant see why people always complain about the 3.8. No it's not as peppy as my pickup was with a V8, but not bad at all. I'm completely happy with it. Maybe it's because of the 3.73 gears, but I had no problem on the interstate, passing folks or tackling the hills.

Good-to-go in my book!

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Congratulations???? Not sure how to acknowledge this one! LOL.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Congrat's on the trade. You got a damn good deal!

50 Something

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks yall, I deffinatly came out on top. The trade was well worth it in my opinion. Not that she was a bad person or anything, just not what we thought it was. It's all good.

Now if I can just narrow down my list of must have mods to figure out what the first one should be (not counting the top)!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks yall, I deffinatly came out on top. The trade was well worth it in my opinion. Not that she was a bad person or anything, just not what we thought it was. It's all good.

Now if I can just narrow down my list of must have mods to figure out what the first one should be (not counting the top)!
There are too many must have mods when it comes to jeep! Congrats on the jeep!

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
At least, when the springs begin to sag, you can upgrade and not feel guilty!:rofl: Congratulations!:thumb:

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh I forgot to mention. I already got my first Jeep wave!

After I signed all the papers I had to drive a power of attorney to the X's work for her to sign (her name was on the truck's title) then bring it back to the dealer. As I was pulling out of the lot a fella in a topless yellow TJ threw his hand up. I almost got giddy.

·
Registered
10,355 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the club. Secret handshake instructions and wave manual are now in the mail. Lol

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice. I did the same thing myself. Made the ex mad as hell when it came in for some reason.

Mine was jealous. When she was signing the power of attorney she wanted to see it. She sat in it and looked at me and said "Damn, I cant believe I wouldnt let you get one of these. It's so cute":facepalm:

Unless he's driving a smartcar, NEVER call a man's ride cute!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Oh I forgot to mention. I already got my first Jeep wave!

After I signed all the papers I had to drive a power of attorney to the X's work for her to sign (her name was on the truck's title) then bring it back to the dealer. As I was pulling out of the lot a fella in a topless yellow TJ threw his hand up. I almost got giddy.
Sweet! Like getting the waves!

Not long after I got my BW JK Sport S, my boss bought a BW Sahara 4 door.

I drove my wife and daughter up to Estes Park on Saturday, this BW Sahara coming the other way got a wave from me...couldn't tell if they waved back but I told my wife "That is just like my bosses."

Today at work my boss asked me "Did you go anywhere in your Jeep this weekend?"

"Yeah, took the girls to Estes Park!"

"Did you wave at me?"

"That WAS you!"

We should have pulled over and got the team shot on the mountain!

·
Registered
137 Posts
TPMS:

I just had this issue and this is what the dealership told me.
"Take the tires to 37psi and drive a mile or so. The tpms will reset". Sure enough it did.

Can't help with the other issues. Sorry.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts