Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I did it. I traded my 2011 wrangler sahara leather auto with 28 000 km on it. they gave me 30 k for it so i think i got a good price.

I got myself a 2012 wrangler with 3000 $ incentives making my loss not so bad... about 4k .. but i have driven this thing for a 1 year and 3 months.

I just could not hold it anymore with that crappy engine and transmission.

good deal ?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree if you are happy it was a great deal if you are not happy it was a horrible deal.
Guess i will be happy if i don't get the "misfire cylinder" message everybody seems to experience.

What % of the 2012 do actually need the new redesigned head ?

·
Registered
16,640 Posts
Not sure there can ever be accurate number on how manny 2012's have the issue. There is a poll somewhere on here about the topic and that will give you a slight idea of what has been reported on here. Im not sure how much 28,000 KM is but seems like a good trade. You definently won't be regretting the axle gear ratio being a better match for the engine trans combo.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure there can ever be accurate number on how manny 2012's have the issue. There is a poll somewhere on here about the topic and that will give you a slight idea of what has been reported on here. Im not sure how much 28,000 KM is but seems like a good trade. You definently won't be regretting the axle gear ratio being a better match for the engine trans combo.
thats 17 500 miles.

Now i am wondering if i should get a 2013 instead, just to aoid the trouble of dealing with the misfire cylinder message...

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Seems like a really good trade allowance, though you have to note the trade difference or the price of the new one as well.

·
Registered
838 Posts
good deal ?
You need to evaluate the whole package, not just the trade.

What interest rate was on the 2011 and what rate are you at now?
$3000 worth of incentives is nice, but what was the dealer invoice on the 2012?

Driving.ca is one Canadian value estimator and it shows ~$29k to $35k as the range for a 2011 - options will make a huge difference though. Here's another -- CanadianBlackBook.com

my loss not so bad...
about 4k .. but i have driven this thing for a 1 year and 3 months.
$4000 / 15 months = $267/month (or $123 bi-weekly), which is very good and you are restarting the warranty clock

28,000 km = 17,500 miles which is probably about average for the time.

All that being said: are you happy with your new ride?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You need to evaluate the whole package, not just the trade.

What interest rate was on the 2011 and what rate are you at now?
$3000 worth of incentives is nice, but what was the dealer invoice on the 2012?

Driving.ca is one Canadian value estimator and it shows ~$29k to $35k as the range for a 2011 - options will make a huge difference though. Here's another -- CanadianBlackBook.com

$4000 / 15 months = $267/month (or $123 bi-weekly), which is very good and you are restarting the warranty clock

28,000 km = 17,500 miles which is probably about average for the time.

All that being said: are you happy with your new ride?
I took a peek at canadianblackbook and got a high price of 29,8K. So i Guess i am happy with the deal. As for the options, I only have leather and dual tops. No navigator system.

I don't have the 2012 yet. They will be searching on the lot this week but now i am wondering if i should call back to get a 2013 instead ?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
If a 2013 is an option for you, I would recommend considering that.
Haven't tried the new seats yet, but they must be better than the '12s.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts