Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,122 Posts
sport bars look good with straps, you should only put strapless on family bars.

Reactions: DREDnot

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Neither straps or strapless, bungee balls.
I sold my bikini when I discovered the spiderweb shade.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you are sold on a bikini top and have the kid killers use a traditional. But the spiderweb shade is deff the best option

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,122 Posts
Is the spiderweb shade waterproof? I kinda like it because i don't need the windshield channel but the bestop covers more area and is water proof.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Is the spiderweb shade waterproof? I kinda like it because i don't need the windshield channel but the bestop covers more area and is water proof.
It lets water through if that's what your asking, but so does my best top bikini top. If your looking for something that'll keep the rain out get a soft top

·
Registered
5,122 Posts
It lets water through if that's what your asking, but so does my best top bikini top. If your looking for something that'll keep the rain out get a soft top

Yeah, i drive in the rain sometimes and the bestop strapless keeps most of the water out. Still get a little wet but not too bad, on the highway rain always seems to get pulled forward and makes the inside of the windshield harder to see though. It works very well for keeping clothes mostly dry though. I have been in downpours with no top many times and although it was fun when i was younger i dont feel like getting soaking wet now.

Reactions: Batjac

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yeah, i drive in the rain sometimes and the bestop strapless keeps most of the water out. Still get a little wet but not too bad, on the highway rain always seems to get pulled forward and makes the inside of the windshield harder to see though. It works very well for keeping clothes mostly dry though. I have been in downpours with no top many times and although it was fun when i was younger i dont feel like getting soaking wet now.
Getting old must suck!

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,937 Posts
I have both, the strapless rolls up on the pads and does not cover my windows in the rain and the back of my neck gets pretty warm in direct sunlight, but is quieter on the freeway, The strapped one is noisier but does much better in the rain and also keeps the sun off your neck.
I prefer the strapless though because it feels more open and still provides shade.

Pics of the strapless on mine, much the same as you, then I set the traditional one over the top for effect. The straps pull the sides tight so it doesn't roll up on the sides like the strapless.

Attachments

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have both, the strapless rolls up on the pads and does not cover my windows in the rain and the back of my neck gets pretty warm in direct sunlight, but is quieter on the freeway, The strapped one is noisier but does much better in the rain and also keeps the sun off your neck.
I prefer the strapless though because it feels more open and still provides shade.

Pics of the strapless on mine, much the same as you, then I set the traditional one over the top for effect. The straps pull the sides tight so it doesn't roll up on the sides like the strapless.
Thanks for the pics, I had ordered the traditional today but may have to add a strapless as well.

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,937 Posts
After you do it once or twice, putting either on or off takes less than Two minutes.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Another vote for the Spiderwebshade, if you're not worried about getting rained on every so often.

Getting old must suck!
Don't worry, if you do it right, you'll get there too. :lmao:

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
After you do it once or twice, putting either on or off takes less than Two minutes.
Not worried about getting them on in a short time it's just getting the hardtop off that takes me a little bit. Lol. May have to rig me up a hoist or something, getting old does suck, can't lift stuff like I used to could.

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
I prefer the traditional on the early sport rollbars. The long back straps allow you to crank it tighter than the strapless and it doesn't flap in the middle as much. Also, the extra little bit of fabric back there gives a little extra shade and I did notice that difference here in AZ.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I run a strapless and I rainex both sides of my winshield for when I get caught in the rain...also put anti fog product on the inside too...plus I keep a towel in my console so I have something dry to wipe the inside of the windshield if needed.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am going to order the BestTop Traditional Bikini but can't figure out whether I need to purchase a channel for the top of the windshield. I have an 87 YJ Laredo, hardtop, and want to take the hardtop off during the summer. I guess I could just call Quadratec.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts