Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get trail doors with nets for my 4d 2014 wrangler. I like the look of body armor trail doors and saw that the Gen II's are affordable. Gen III's are almost double the cost, is it worth it?

Also i'm having a hard time finding Gen II front doors, everything I find seems to be for the rear.

Any advice and links where I can get them at low cost much appreciated. Thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'd be very interested in this too! I love the look of these doors but could never justify spending that much.

·
Registered
722 Posts
i was talking to one of the reps from Body Armor at the Morris 4x4 grand opening and he said the Gen 3 were fitting better than the Gen 2. I believe there may have been rattling with the Gen 2. If you decide to get the Gen 2, please give feedback but also make sure you can try them out and see if they rattle when you are moving.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I just got a set of defective GEN IIs. When on the phone with Body Armor they said it was a known problem. Turns out they now manufacture in the USA (GEN III). They also changed how the mounting plate is attached to avoid this problem.

Go GEN III the earlier ones are junk and not worth a penny.

The doors look great though, so I'm begrudgingly ordering the GEN III doors.

Heads up on Body Armor, they have terrible customer support. They initially said they would send out functioning GEN IIIs, but retracted and told me to hammer on the bracket to bend it into place. This wouldn't have solved the problem, just one component of it. It also would have damaged the finish and maybe the weld cause future failure or rusting.....no thanks.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Also when I called the retailer they had many customers with the same issue and immediately offered a shipping label to get them returned.

4wheelparts.com did the right thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts