Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a recent jeep owner I'm finally pulling the trigger on some new wheels and tires. I was torn between the toyo mts and the tgs but have decided on the nittos. My hardest decision is trying to figure out what size will fit. I have an aev 2" spacer lift on my jku Sahara.
I am going with an 18" wheels due to the fact that I got a killer deal on a set from a buddy of mine who owes me a favor. If I were going with the toyos, I understand I would've gotten the 33/12.50 18. But since nitto doesn't make a straight 33, all their metric sizes are really confusing me. I was leaning toward the 285/65 which nittos specs say measures in at 32.83. I would like to go a little bigger if I can. Possibly the 295/70 which measure up a 34.57. I know that is pushing it with only a 2" spacer but after mounted, psi adjusted, and weight added on I'm thinking that might be the way to go.
If anyone can please chime in and help a brother out that would be great. I'm driving myself nuts!! Thanks again guys!!!

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Good luck! :thumb:

·
Registered
614 Posts
You can run a 35" tire stock with cut fenders and trimmed pinch seams. I think you should be fine with a 2" lift. What year do you have? The late 2013 and 2014s have the pinch seams trimmed fromt he factory.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Here is my 2013 Sahara, 2" coil spacer lift riding on 285 65 R18 Nitto Trail Grapplers. No rubbing, minimal road noise and a great ride.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts