Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed that the red (I have an Rubi X) paint is pealing or flaking off my Trail Rated Badge.

Anyone else having this problem, be it in red or black?

·
Registered
583 Posts
It's under warranty, take it in ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yep! and yes this happened with the red trail rated badges on my Cherokee Trailhawk. The ones they replaced them with seem to be holding up much better.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Haven't noticed it on mine yet, checked the last time someone mentioned this, will check again later though(My OCD won't let me ignore the possibility).

·
Registered
296 Posts
I just noticed that the red (I have an Rubi X) paint is pealing or flaking off my Trail Rated Badge.

My trail rated bade was pealing when I picked it up off the lot....I didn't realize it until I looked it up online.

The dealer replaced/painted the badge yesterday and it looks perfect. I agree with SGT93 to take it in....

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

Pictures?

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am sure they will say that if its not generating a trouble code, there's nothing wrong with it. :rolleyes:

Just figured I would check here, before having to deal with the service dude.

·
Registered
296 Posts
This is what mine looked like...

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Interesting that the paint is applied to a mirror like metal surface, shouldn't it be etched first, not to mention primed?

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Interesting that the paint is applied to a mirror like metal surface, shouldn't it be etched first, not to mention primed?
This IS Chrysler we're talking about, isn't it? :rofl2:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep! and yes this happened with the red trail rated badges on my Cherokee Trailhawk. The ones they replaced them with seem to be holding up much better.
I guess this is the kind of info I was seeking. If they are all "bad", and the paint flakes off the replacement just as quickly, it really isn't worth having the dealer replace it. However, if the replacements are better, then it is worth it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I believe it is actually plastic.....not sure but I would guess.

I guess this is the kind of info I was seeking. If they are all "bad", and the paint flakes off the replacement just as quickly, it really isn't worth having the dealer replace it. However, if the replacements are better, then it is worth it.
Like I said WaltA, mine was like this off the lot. I do not know if they replaced the badge or just "re painted" it. Either way it looks perfect now. Hopefully the paint will adhere.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Maybe y'all wash the jeep a bit to much
Actually, my dealer washed it more.

So, its all really their fault. Yep, that's it. Its all their fault.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Actually, my dealer washed it more.

So, its all really their fault. Yep, that's it. Its all their fault.
I'm just waiting to see how your new one holds up, mine looks like the paint is still on there, but the lip edge isn't perfect.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts